Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Apr 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I've never been to DLP but we're going to France this summer and will fit in a day (or 2!) So have started reading the DLP trip reports. I'm massively impressed that you managed to fit in so many rides!
What lovely comments from your little boy. I always feel that it makes perfect memories when one of my kids says something so heartfelt
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've never been to DLP but we're going to France this summer and will fit in a day (or 2!) So have started reading the DLP trip reports. I'm massively impressed that you managed to fit in so many rides!
What lovely comments from your little boy. I always feel that it makes perfect memories when one of my kids says something so heartfelt
Hope you have a great time! You'll get loads of good tips on here.

We were at Paulton's Park at the weekend with my whole family, so they got to experience being frog-marched from ride to ride by me too I'm not happy until I've done them all!

His reaction definitely made it a magical trip - that's what won my husband over for sure!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Awww, it's over!

Firstly, my maths skills are not very good (I still can't do long division ) but your countdown seems to be for WDW in 2019, not 2021... what happened? You might be there when we are, provisionally from 26 October onwards.

You did so much on your last day, having the bags handled between the hotel and Eurostar seems like a great idea.

I love that your fella fully sanctioned all the lovely souvenir buying. The anniversary stuff all looks great, that pin pack and anniversary Mickey are wonderful as you can only get them at DLP for the 25th, so even more special.

Heath is such a sweetie, what a lovely thank you and a sweet thing to say. I imagine it made all the planning, saving and early mornings worth it. If The Dibb had the heart eyed emoji, I would use it here.

Just putting it out there, but I have a feeling that DLP changes from halloween to Christmas overnight. It certainly did many years ago when we were there over 5th November. It might not any more though, so that could well be useless info .

I am so impressed at you converting both your boys into Disney park fans, I wish I had as much success.

Agree about that last bit of journey home, it always seems to take the longest once you are back in the country but still have further to travel.

Thank you so much for your fabulous trip report. I have really enjoyed reading it and it has made me more determined to revisit DLP as it is so pretty and you had such a lovely time!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
OK...I know lads (even 6 year old lads) don't like to be told they're precious...but SO PRECIOUS.

Well done to you on Mission: Conversion. Clearly I should be begging you for tips.

And now...you said you wanted to see our matchy-matchy in action...

So this week Poot and I went up to Birmingham to support Team USA in the Gymnastics World Cup. We were (of course!) appropriately attired - and were...on telly (to Poot's absolute delight) after the poor American chap fell (twice!) on floor.

Now, to be clear, I want credit (like CAROLINE level credit) for posting this snap...as not only am I wearing my sexy specs - I also have two chins.

Poot is turned to the side - but he is wearing this:

I love your Team USA themed matching! Unlucky that your gymnast fell twice, but how exciting to get on TV.
We have managed it twice at the rugby... but only individually as one of us always seems to be visiting the facilities or the bar when the camera swings out way.

I think it's a fab photo as you both look like you are having an excellent time... would have been much worse if it was Pirates of the caribbean ride photo style and you both looked bored/like you were having a fight!

I had Chris convinced we would wear matching Star wars t-shirts to Hollywood Studios, but they were black and it was so hot in September that in the end I didn't wear mine. Didn't help that mine was a fitted 'lady style' tshirt and I would have preferred a looser fit.

Even if you don't do a full trippie for your next family trip (as you have threatened not to do), please can you just report matching outfits, food and shopping? Pleasssse?!

Sorry MrsSilverStar, you can have your trippie back now

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Awww, it's over!

Firstly, my maths skills are not very good (I still can't do long division ) but your countdown seems to be for WDW in 2019, not 2021... what happened? You might be there when we are, provisionally from 26 October onwards.

You did so much on your last day, having the bags handles between the hotel and Eurostar seems like a great idea.

I love that your fella fully sanctioned all the lovely souvenir buying. The anniversary stuff all looks great, that pin pack and anniversary Mickey are wonderful as you can only get them at DLP for the 25th, so even more special.

Heath is such a sweetie, what a lovely thank you and a sweet thing to say. I imagine it made all the planning, saving and early mornings worth it. If The Dibb had the heart eyed emoji, I would use it here.

Just putting it out there, but I have a feeling that DLP changes from halloween to Christmas overnight. It certainly did many years ago when we were there over 5th November. It might not any more though, so that could well be useless info .

I am so impressed at you converting both your boys into Disney park fans, I wish I had as much success.

Agree about that last bit of journey home, it always seems to take the longest once you are back in the country but still have further to travel.

Thank you so much for your fabulous trip report. I have really enjoyed reading it and it has made me more determined to revisit DLP as it is so pretty and you had such a lovely time!
I couldn't wait until 2021! As Heath loved it so much, we thought we'd go for 2019 while he's still fairly young (he'll turn 8 while we're there)...and maybe back again in 2021 not sure if Mark will go along with that! We'll head home on 30th so we will crossover a bit...I'll keep an eye out for you!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting - it was lovely to revisit it all.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Even if you don't do a full trippie for your next family trip (as you have threatened not to do), please can you just report matching outfits, food and shopping? Pleasssse?!

Another vote for an outfit, food and shopping report please April!
Old 15 May 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I love your Team USA themed matching! Unlucky that your gymnast fell twice, but how exciting to get on TV.
We have managed it twice at the rugby... but only individually as one of us always seems to be visiting the facilities or the bar when the camera swings out way.

I think it's a fab photo as you both look like you are having an excellent time... would have been much worse if it was Pirates of the caribbean ride photo style and you both looked bored/like you were having a fight!

I had Chris convinced we would wear matching Star wars t-shirts to Hollywood Studios, but they were black and it was so hot in September that in the end I didn't wear mine. Didn't help that mine was a fitted 'lady style' tshirt and I would have preferred a looser fit.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Another vote for an outfit, food and shopping report please April!
You are both very kind. But I think I'll just continue interrupting YOUR reports with pictures of me.

I am feeling pretty excited about the Florida matchy-matchy this autumn.

And Caroline, those "women's cut" shirts confuse me - as they don't really seem to suit those of us with a womanly shape!

Have you had any luck with the Her Universe SW dresses? I have this one:

...which I like, though the sleeves could be longer!

I have to get Poot a new Star Wars shirt for this holiday (he's outgrown his Irish-themed one)...ooh - I should try and find him a purple tee so it will complement my frock!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

And Caroline, those "women's cut" shirts confuse me - as they don't really seem to suit those of us with a womanly shape!
Right?! Tight everywhere you don't want it to be, and restricting the circulation to my larms.

Have you had any luck with the Her Universe SW dresses? I have this one:

...which I like, though the sleeves could be longer!

I have to get Poot a new Star Wars shirt for this holiday (he's outgrown his Irish-themed one)...ooh - I should try and find him a purple tee so it will complement my frock!
Ooooh, that is beauuuuutiful! Can you order Her Universe here in the UK? I thought they were only available in the USA. If not, I am super excited.
Sleeves could always be longer but those will be nice in the Florida heat. My other favourite for themed clothing is EMP online, where I got my Baymax and Moana dresses. They have a very cute BB8 circle skirt in their 'sale' at the moment, but I can't justify it.

Old 17 May 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Right?! Tight everywhere you don't want it to be, and restricting the circulation to my larms.

Ooooh, that is beauuuuutiful! Can you order Her Universe here in the UK? I thought they were only available in the USA. If not, I am super excited.
Sleeves could always be longer but those will be nice in the Florida heat. My other favourite for themed clothing is EMP online, where I got my Baymax and Moana dresses. They have a very cute BB8 circle skirt in their 'sale' at the moment, but I can't justify it.
Ooh, circle skirts - I'll be having a look at those!

Her Universe is available periodically on (English) Amazon. I was able to get the DV dress for something like £40. I also bought one of the lightsaber skirts...

...and that was a proper bargain (something like £25). That skirt HAS to be worn with a petticoat, though - and those take up serious space in the suitcase!

EDIT: EMP has Aristocats frocks! All are too youthful for me...but I'm going to keep checking back. Many thanks for the tip.

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Fab trip report. I'm definitely going to make time for more character meet and greets
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List