Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 2 May 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
claire0779
Disney Adult

Mobile Marrying advice

Evening guys need a wee bit of advice please.

We want to get married when we are in Florida in June but don’t know where to start. What documentation do we need... do we need to say to anyone here before we go etc

Please help lol
June 2018 - Balmoral at Waters Edge WE GOT MARRIED
June 2022 - LM Emerald Island
October 2022 - Balmoral at Waters Edge
April 2023 - Reunion
December 2023 - Balmoral at Waters Edge for Christmas/New Year
July 2024 - Reunion
Can't wait till it's our time in the magical land of Disney 2024 again!
claire0779 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gummibears
Excited about Disney

First of all congratulations!

I got married at Osceola County Courthouse 4 years ago. It was just me and the husband (no witnesses) no need to book and cost around $100 for the wedding and the marriage certificates (NOTE: you dont get your marriage certificate straight away. They post it to you, we recieved ours about 2 weeks after arriving home).

Both applicants must be 18 years or older, apply in person and must bring a valid drivers license, birth certificate and passport if getting married at the courthouse or registering the wedding to wed elsewhere in the state. Not sure if you need to provide something if you or your partner were married before (hopefully someone else can answer that if applicable to your situation) but you do have to give that type of information on the registration form which you can download/print from the courthouse before you fly to fill in.

As for notifying anyone I didn't do that until we were home and had the certificates so that I could change to my married name on cards, at work etc. If this helps this is from the gov.uk website...

Getting married abroad
Marriage in the USA

Contact the local authorities in the state you want to get married to find out about local laws. They’ll tell you what you need to do and what documents you need.

After you get married
Your marriage will be recognised in the UK if:

* you follow the correct process according to the law in the USA
* it would be allowed under UK law

You don’t need to register your marriage in the UK.

If your partner isn’t a British citizen, they can apply for British citizenship once they’ve lived in the UK for 3 years.

As for locations if you want to get married at Disney or somewhere else than the courthouse then hopefully someone will answer with their experience soon. But in the meantime I hope that helps.

Edited at 12:53 AM.
Gummibears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

We got married at Clearwater court house 8 years ago; just me & DH.
No need for blood tests, witnesses & as non Florida residents, no need for a minimum residency period; no need for an appointment, we just walked in 15 minutes after they opened on a Monday morning.

No need to notify any authorities in the UK beforehand.

We had completed an application to marry form beforehand; printed off the on-line form before we travelled but could have easily done this at the court house when we got there too.

We brought our passports to prove our ID & answered questions along the lines of "do you confirm you are xxxx, do you confirm you are free to marry etc?". We did not bring our birth certs & weren't asked for them.

Clerk said that our application had been done; did we have an idea when we wanted to marry? We said now; she laughed & said, great I'll be marrying you, is that ok? 10 minutes later, Jean had married us!

We were given our marriage certificates there & then; printed off & officially stamped; we got 10 copies to be able to send off to various places for name changing etc; never had any queries or issues with them from anywhere in the UK.

A total cost of $150; half an hour from walking into the courthouse to walking out married; in shorts & T's too!

Good luck & congrats!

Edited at 04:46 AM.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tedley
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We got married at the little white chapel on Idrive, don't know if it's still there 10 years ago. I think the whole package cost £250. We had our photos done in old town everyone dressed up.
tedley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We got married on cocoa beach through the little white chapel on I drive. They met us at the beach, provided all flowers and photos etc, no witnesses needed and cost about £450 x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Before you get married in Orlando you need to get a Marriage Licence.

Apply for a marriage license at any of the five Orange County Clerk offices.

A $93.50 fee, minus a $32.50 for completed of a premarital preparation class.

Payments by cash, money orders, MasterCard, Discover and Amex. ...
Visa credit cards not accepted.

Then you can go to any "chapel" or Venue and tie the knot with a registered minister.

We got Married In Orlando Back in 2005 Whole thing took about 1 Hour (including photos and film) 1 hour after that we were riding the coasters at Universal...Wooooo

Edited at 10:47 AM.
bLaZeR666_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Were flying out to Vegas during our next trip. Meeting up with friends and getting married while there.
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There's a few ideas on the weddings folders including pictures
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

We did it last August. Took our passports with us to Osceola County Courthouse, no appointment necessary, filled in a form, repeated what she told us to repeat, paid $90ish dollars and left with a marriage licence. My sister and brother in law were in Florida with us too so she had got ordained online and married us the following week on a happily ever after speciality cruise. We filled in the marriage licence and took it back to the courthouse the next day where we paid a few dollars for some extra copies & that was it. All very straightforward. Congratulations
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
claire0779
Disney Adult

Thanks, guys

I am totally buzzing. contacted the secret garden and they have loads of spaces so just need to give him a date of what day and he will give us a time eeks

Always said i would do it but hey ho its time after 20 years together lol xxx
June 2018 - Balmoral at Waters Edge WE GOT MARRIED
June 2022 - LM Emerald Island
October 2022 - Balmoral at Waters Edge
April 2023 - Reunion
December 2023 - Balmoral at Waters Edge for Christmas/New Year
July 2024 - Reunion
Can't wait till it's our time in the magical land of Disney 2024 again!
claire0779 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List