Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 May 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
I have all my info from when we had to apply again so will make arrangements to meet with cab and will call dla on Tuesday and hopefully at least get more info on how they can make a decision based on one phone call to the school he attends whilst medicated ! Like you have stated he attends school for 6,5 hrs a day and the rest he’s with us at home 🙈
Do you know whether they contacted any medical experts as well who again would no doubt know his situation well
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

What is interesting is when we phoned at 6 pm last night she said s decision to withdraw the dla was made on the 6th April and we were sent a letter but we never got that letter and we received a letter on the 12th April saying your son has been awarded xyz for 2 years etc with the dates and after we sent a mandatory reconsideration in for the mobility we’ve had the care element stopped too !
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

What is interesting is when we phoned at 6 pm last night she said s decision to withdraw the dla was made on the 6th April and we were sent a letter but we never got that letter and we received a letter on the 12th April saying your son has been awarded xyz for 2 years etc with the dates and after we sent a mandatory reconsideration in for the mobility we’ve had the care element stopped too !
Hopefully this is one big error that can be easily resolved on Tuesday
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Do you know whether they contacted any medical experts as well who again would no doubt know his situation well
Every item on the letter refers to a call to the school no mention of anyone else and his adhd nurse would have agreed with everything we put in the form as she helped us with it she has also just done a home visit to assist with sensory issues in the home so I doubt they have spoken to anyone else
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Every item on the letter refers to a call to the school no mention of anyone else and his adhd nurse would have agreed with everything we put in the form as she helped us with it she has also just done a home visit to assist with sensory issues in the home so I doubt they have spoken to anyone else
This is what I find very strange... if I was to do checks then getting a medical opinion would be one of the first
Old 26 May 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Exactly the consultant we first saw last year was the one that initially told us about dla and he did a letter he also said that in the future if the benefit was withdrawn it would need to be someone of a superior medical knowledge of adhd asd that could provide evidence they can’t just pick someone with no qualifications to decide how much different your son isn’t to others of the same age?
What’s interesting is now he’s at high school the difference in him and his friends is more noticeable as they are all of out to the park etc without supervision but ds can’t do this as even he realises if something was to happen like a child being mean my son would just hit out with no idea of the consequences of his actions or the feelings of he other person involved he has no idea social emotional ques his older sister should know she has the scars to prove he can explode in seconds
I may invite them to come spend a day in our shoes and let them see for themselves 🙈

Edited at 04:10 PM.
Old 26 May 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Sorry no advice, just want to let you know this does happen quite alot, although at MR stage it does tell you benefits can go up or down, it made me terrified to do an MR, even when DD was diagnosed with additional condition. Her original award was low rate for care,and mobility for ten years, after MR award was high care and low mobility but for 2 years, they obviously think in two years all will be fixed, if only that were true. I wish you all the best with this, it really is a constant battle we could do without. X
Old 26 May 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Sorry no advice, just want to let you know this does happen quite alot, although at MR stage it does tell you benefits can go up or down, it made me terrified to do an MR, even when DD was diagnosed with additional condition. Her original award was low rate for care,and mobility for ten years, after MR award was high care and low mobility but for 2 years, they obviously think in two years all will be fixed, if only that were true. I wish you all the best with this, it really is a constant battle we could do without. X
I never expected that 4 weeks after giving him the care component they would decide he was no longer entitled to it because I put in MR for the mobility part 🙈
Old 29 May 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Just wanted to say good luck op let us know how you get on x

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Please can I ask what mr stage is
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List