Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 Jun 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My son has ASD SPD and being assessed for Dyspraxia. He managed ok at primary school as they understand his issues. I have to send him in a special uniform and shoes due to his sensory issues, he has issues with writing and maths but school may say he is managing ok, high school will be a different matter altogether. What DWP dont understand is all the care you give at home and night. There really are trying their best atm to take away peoples DLA for and excuse they can find.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
Happy to report that we finally received a letter today and common sense prevailed it’s all been reinstated and back dated thank the lord 😃
Now I just need to get through to carers allowance and sort that out because that was stopped too 🙈 phone lines are busy and it keeps booting me off 😬
Great news, glad it's all sorted, fingers crossed you get through to carers today.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
My son has ASD SPD and being assessed for Dyspraxia. He managed ok at primary school as they understand his issues. I have to send him in a special uniform and shoes due to his sensory issues, he has issues with writing and maths but school may say he is managing ok, high school will be a different matter altogether. What DWP dont understand is all the care you give at home and night. There really are trying their best atm to take away peoples DLA for and excuse they can find.
Agree with this and can relate to the uniform, my daughter can cope well at school majority of time because it's part of her routine, she knows what to expect into classroom thanks to visual timetable etc, I have to dress her in certain clothing, seam free socks cos she hates seams on her toes, certain leggings or skirts, polo shirts with top button undone so she can get changed for pe easier... Yesterday with it being so hot we put her a cotton gingham playsuit on to keep her as cool as possible, she came home in her pe kit cos the seams on it were annoying her under her arms, she's not impressed I'm swathing her in sun cream at the minute either ☀️😉
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
My son wont wear a hat or sunglasses as they annoy him. He hates me touching him ie wont let me cut his nails etc. Told me yesterday a kid shouting in his ear hurt him. Hes very sensitive.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

My son wont wear a hat or sunglasses as they annoy him. He hates me touching him ie wont let me cut his nails etc. Told me yesterday a kid shouting in his ear hurt him. Hes very sensitive.
My daughter has this with kids shouting in her ears 😠. Daughter wears glasses all the time but when she was first prescribed them it was a struggle. She's gone to school with hat on today and I have an aerosol bottle of sun spray in her bag for her to apply if needed but I'm pretty sure she won't put it on, I've put sun cream on under protest hopefully that will see her through day.
My daughter won't have her nails cut either without a massive struggle
Old 26 Jun 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
My daughter has this with kids shouting in her ears 😠. Daughter wears glasses all the time but when she was first prescribed them it was a struggle. She's gone to school with hat on today and I have an aerosol bottle of sun spray in her bag for her to apply if needed but I'm pretty sure she won't put it on, I've put sun cream on under protest hopefully that will see her through day.
My daughter won't have her nails cut either without a massive struggle
He has to be reminded to drink also. He can go all day and apart from the drink i put in his packed lunch the water comes back almost full.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
Old 26 Jun 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
He has to be reminded to drink also. He can go all day and apart from the drink i put in his packed lunch the water comes back almost full.
Yep Ive done this today too... I'm also having to keep reminding myself lol
Old 26 Jun 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My son won’t wear is school blazer as he doesn’t like the lining inside so is constantly being told off at school 😩
He also got a detention last week for being late for next lesson after pe because it takes him longer to get changed back into his uniform 🙈 so I’ve had to have a word with the school as I’m not accepting that ! So he’s been given an extra 10 mins ... I hope that this will be enough time x
We’re having all the same issues with dd 4 now that we had when ds was younger so I’m trying to get a good routine going for her now as I suspect she’s going down the same track as ds 🙈 but I believe they won’t assess her till she’s 5 !
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List