Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 6 Jun 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why don’t you both make a list of destinations/places and see if you have a common place? .
We had ours in Devon on a small budget and had a fabulous honeymoon . It’s not always about the location , it’s more about spending time together imo.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Why don’t you both make a list of destinations/places and see if you have a common place? .
We had ours in Devon on a small budget and had a fabulous honeymoon . It’s not always about the location , it’s more about spending time together imo.
I completely agree, more than anything I want to just have great memories with my OH!
I think we both want to get some sun though rather than staying in the UK as this will be our only holiday next year!
We would push it back into March April time of 2020 but we already have a 2 week family holiday planned and that has pretty much eaten up all of my holiday allowance!

I suggested that we use the family holiday as our honeymoon (going with parents and they will be spending some time apart from us as it’s their 30th wedding anniversary so could do the same but for our honeymoon!) however OH doesn’t want to do this as it’s ‘too far from the wedding’ 🙄🤦🏻

I honestly think that we will either not have a honeymoon or it will be a quiet weekend away!
Old 6 Jun 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Zellotape View Post
I completely agree, more than anything I want to just have great memories with my OH!
I think we both want to get some sun though rather than staying in the UK as this will be our only holiday next year!
We would push it back into March April time of 2020 but we already have a 2 week family holiday planned and that has pretty much eaten up all of my holiday allowance!

I suggested that we use the family holiday as our honeymoon (going with parents and they will be spending some time apart from us as it’s their 30th wedding anniversary so could do the same but for our honeymoon!) however OH doesn’t want to do this as it’s ‘too far from the wedding’ 🙄🤦🏻

I honestly think that we will either not have a honeymoon or it will be a quiet weekend away!
Has he suggested anywhere? Will he change his mind after your November trip at all?
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had ours in New Orleans and Barbados. Barbados was surprisingly meh but New Orleans was amazing, go for two locations relatively accessible to each other and pick one each
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Has he suggested anywhere? Will he change his mind after your November trip at all?
He has suggested Spain, and although the idea isn’t terrible I don’t think I would like to go for my honeymoon.
I’ve been a few times before and I think that’s what is putting me off! That and I know it won’t be warm! (He seems to believe it will be tropical 🤦🏻)

I honestly don’t think he will change his mind about FL unfortunately 🙁

Ah the joys of marriage 😂 strangely we have agreed on everything else we have ever done! Holidays are just where we come unstuck haha!
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
We had ours in New Orleans and Barbados. Barbados was surprisingly meh but New Orleans was amazing, go for two locations relatively accessible to each other and pick one each
I do like this plan! And I have suggested New Orleans to him... will have to keep bending his ear about various cities in the US!
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
For Spain-ish, head further South to the Canaries where it should be warm.

Again, there's plenty of activities to do and sights to see that you can mix up with some sun-soaking by the pool.

Shouldn't be a budget buster.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Yeah I agree about the canaries. I hope you find a compromise but as a tip after 21 years they just roll over and say book it after youve nagged them to death
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 6 Jun 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

There's a lot more to Florida than theme parks, you could start in Jacksonville or Tampa , visit St Augustine, drive to the Keys , plenty of doing stuff for you and a variety of beaches for him. The four night cruises with say Carnival out of Port Canaveral are reasonable too.

You could even pick a city like Boston or New York and then move on to a beach resort in Florida. Hot and no spiders is a bit of a tall order but maybe Mexico or Cuba . One place that has zero appeal for me but is really popular is Dubai. That might work for you both.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Mobile

We did a week in Orlando then headed to Siesta Key which is stunning

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List