cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Advice please PIP

My partner got the letter saying her D LA going over to PIP she very scared about this I trying to find out roughly from calling up giving information to being called to the center for face to face then waiting for result how long did it take

Many thanks
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I got my letter in January, returned my completed form February, had the face to face March and a decision in April.

It does vary but it's normally a few months to go through the whole process.

You have 30 days from receipt of the letter to phone to request the forms. You then have a further 30 days to return your completed form. It could then be 1-2 months to wait for a face to face assessment and a further 2-3 weeks for a decision.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
I got my letter in January, returned my completed form February, had the face to face March and a decision in April.

It does vary but it's normally a few months to go through the whole process.

You have 30 days from receipt of the letter to phone to request the forms. You then have a further 30 days to return your completed form. It could then be 1-2 months to wait for a face to face assessment and a further 2-3 weeks for a decision.
Many thanks will tell partner she just got letter very upset about it but this will help thanks again
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I got forms for DS in january too, same timescale as above, but was refused, did mandatory reconsideration but that failed too, dla stopped last month.

Get advice from CAB about filling in forms etc, and collect as much evidence as you can. X
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I got forms for DS in january too, same timescale as above, but was refused, did mandatory reconsideration but that failed too, dla stopped last month.

Get advice from CAB about filling in forms etc, and collect as much evidence as you can. X
So sorry you here turned down
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DIL 3 has some complex health issues she was refused twice because she at the interview was deemed to be fine why as she had her new baby with her and he was happy fed clean and content they wouldn't listen that she'd been up 6 hours to get them both ready and to the interview
Second time she was back on a complex drug regimen which when she has to have it fells and is great but it's only when she's really poorly can she have it
Well we had interview 3 2weeks ago she was not at all well at the time but result we got the decision to day she's been awarded
I filled out the paper work this time all, had can say go to CAs for help with the forms they are awful and I'm a trained health professional
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Well we had interview 3 2weeks ago she was not at all well at the time but result we got the decision to day she's been awarded
I filled out the paper work this time all, had can say go to CAs for help with the forms they are awful and I'm a trained health professional
A good outcome, but it’s wrong that such complex judgments are swayed by how an applicant is on the day of the assessment. Most people applying for PIP have conditions that have highs and lows but the assessors only seem to want to log the highs which gives a false picture.
As a CA adviser I would echo your suggestion that people seek help with filling in the huge and overwhelming PIP form. The sad thing is that our local CAB is desperately short of money after Local Authority and National Lottery funding ceased. This means we will only open three days a week and appointments for advice, form filling, etc have been halved. The Bureau is surviving on back up funds but if we don’t secure more funding the doors will close for good next April!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ming
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Look at the website disability and work. You have to subscribe but the guide on how to complete the form is invaluable. Well worth the subscription.
Old 25 Aug 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just found out no face to face needed gone back to DWP so fingers crossed for her she happy no face to face .
Old 25 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Just found out no face to face needed gone back to DWP so fingers crossed for her she happy no face to face .
That's good about no face to face interview, they sound very daunting. Fingers crossed you hear back soon with good news.
I'm dreading a switch to PLP, daughter is only 10 so gets DLA still, that's daunting enough to deal with.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List