Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Jul 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Can't wait to hear if you were charged by Bell Services. If you don't mind, Yorkshire T, would you post prices for the beer from Speedway and how long it took to walk from the Boardwalk as I'm trying to convince my hubby that we should do this.
Old 22 Jul 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Can't wait to hear if you were charged by Bell Services. If you don't mind, Yorkshire T, would you post prices for the beer from Speedway and how long it took to walk from the Boardwalk as I'm trying to convince my hubby that we should do this.
Siobhan no charges from Bell Services so far. Was excellent service from Instacart. When delivered they send you a message with any substitutions. Bell Services seemed a little taken aback with the size of our order, lol, 21 bags worth. Felt a little guilty and tipped the bellboy who brought it all up $10.
Off to Speedway in a couple of hours. It's right out front, I'll post some photos.
Beautiful weather today, we hit HWS at 7am and came home at 12. Spent afternoon in pool. Just on a Pokémon tour of Boardwalk with my son, taking a breather in Yacht Club.Boardwalk has been fantastic so far, got room exactly where wanted (Standard view 2 bed but overlooking canal near staircase down to HWS path, 4th floor).
Old 22 Jul 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your response, I look forward to seeing the photos, if you get chance. Great to hear that you’re having a good time and got the location that you wanted. I’m getting very excited despite having to wait nearly another 4 weeks.
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Here we go. Couldn't be any easier to get to, about 5 mins brisk walk from Boardwalk entrance. The riskiest thing I faced was getting back before the thunderstorms started.

Over bridge:

Along path that runs along car park on right, takes you to main road.

Main road is quiet, with a central reservation.The path by the car park pictured above takes you to this point. You can see the Speedway directly opposite. Just to left off photo is the driveway of speedway.

Up the drive of the Speedway.

Lots of beer. 12 bottles of my beloved Yeungling, $13 incl tax :-) in fact decent mini market if we run out of essentials. I didn't include standard domestic beers in photos.

Edited at 02:08 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Missed one
Old 23 Jul 18, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

I’d definitely say don’t order alcohol. Used instacart for the first time on Friday. Order arrived at Saratoga 20 mins before we did and front desk wouldn’t accept it due to the alcohol - so the order got cancelled. The cast member gave me a great talk on how Instacart were awful and Garden Grocer were great. I asked if were to re-order my groceries, if front desk could call me and I would come down to accept the delivery but was told no, they would just refuse the delivery.
I ended up re-ordering without the alcohol but it actually cost me more because I lost my free delivery for first order and the BOGOFs had allegedly finished. ...and they delivered late
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by cpjw View Post
I’d definitely say don’t order alcohol. Used instacart for the first time on Friday. Order arrived at Saratoga 20 mins before we did and front desk wouldn’t accept it due to the alcohol - so the order got cancelled. The cast member gave me a great talk on how Instacart were awful and Garden Grocer were great. I asked if were to re-order my groceries, if front desk could call me and I would come down to accept the delivery but was told no, they would just refuse the delivery.
I ended up re-ordering without the alcohol but it actually cost me more because I lost my free delivery for first order and the BOGOFs had allegedly finished. ...and they delivered late
Hmm that doesn't sound too good. Think I'll go with garden grocer as we want to pre-order alcohol, and don't want any hassle on the first night we arrive.

Thanks for the tip.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cpjw View Post
Unfortunate that CPJW.
The fact order was refused was nothing to do with Instacart though , but Disney tightening up on rules and refusing to accept alcohol no matter who is delivering as I'd warned above. Someone was complaining on Dis I think it was they'd had the same with Garden Grocer.
I'd seen nothing but good reviews on Dis , Facebook etc, and mine was perfect. Also around 50% cheaper than GG.
The cast member had no doubt a disattisfied guest whose shopping has been turned away by them, also I suspect they aren't too happy with these other services- I've seen numerous trolleys in the lobby of Boardwalk yesterday from Instacart, SuperTarget etc, so the deliveries will have shot up, causing more work, but more tips I suppose.
Awful service at SSR refusing to call shopping delivery guests. You can ask Instacart to call you as arriving,but suppose risk is they won't.
Essentially I'd now never have alcohol delivered with any of these services. Too risky it will be turned away.
I read depending on resort they are turning away alcohol from everyone now, moral is if you are possibly not there to accept order do not put alcohol in your basket as you are running a big risk the order will be turned away. In fact the risk is you are delayed (many were delayed in the fatal crash on Saturday night, didn't get to resorts until 10.30 pm) and then it will be turned away with alcohol in.
I suspect CPJW had your order not been turned away you'd have had no issues? Instacart are a v large organisation and if they were generally awful they'd be going bust.
Anyway, I'll certainly be using them again as no issues here and I wouldn't want to pay an extra $100 for the same stuff.

Edited at 01:23 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unfortunate that CPJW.
The fact order was refused was nothing to do with Instacart though , but Disney tightening up on rules and refusing to accept alcohol no matter who is delivering as I'd warned above. Someone was complaining on Dis I think it was they'd had the same with Garden Grocer.
I'd seen nothing but good reviews on Dis , Facebook etc, and mine was perfect. Also around 50% cheaper than GG.
The cast member had no doubt a disattisfied guest whose shopping has been turned away by them, also I suspect they aren't too happy with these other services- I've seen numerous trolleys in the lobby of Boardwalk yesterday from Instacart, SuperTarget etc, so the deliveries will have shot up, causing more work, but more tips I suppose.
Awful service at SSR refusing to call shopping delivery guests. You can ask Instacart to call you as arriving,but suppose risk is they won't.
Essentially I'd now never have alcohol delivered with any of these services. Too risky it will be turned away.
I read depending on resort they are turning away alcohol from everyone now, moral is if you are possibly not there to accept order do not put alcohol in your basket as you are running a big risk the order will be turned away. In fact the risk is you are delayed (many were delayed in the fatal crash on Saturday night, didn't get to resorts until 10.30 pm) and then it will be turned away with alcohol in.
I suspect CPJW had your order not been turned away you'd have had no issues? Instacart are a v large organisation and if they were generally awful they'd be going bust.
Anyway, I'll certainly be using them again as no issues here and I wouldn't want to pay an extra $100 for the same stuff.
Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer. It wasn’t the fault of Publix - I’m backing up your advice not to order alcohol due to Disney. I did point out to the cast member how expensive GG had become and he said that’s market conditions - they are so good and used by so many people that they can charge what they want! The other thing to note was that my delivery driver sent me a message upon delivering to say that she had been told at Saratoga that she had to leave it at front desk (I assume she meant that she would have delivered direct to my room).

Edited at 01:50 PM.
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd prefer to use Instacart given the choice, as we usually shop at Publix anyway. The issue as I see it is they don't seem to allow you to enter a UK mobile number - its formatted for US only. I've read lots of reports of US citizens getting a call from the Instacart driver, so that they can meet in reception or wherever on resort, bypassing bell services entirely.

The benefit with GG and alcohol is that they take a DL/passport as ID, and Disney bell services have always respected that, unless it's changed recently?
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List