Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Jul 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Cheating on Walt Disney World… with TWO wives! - Pre-Travel Day

So as always the pre travel day is pretty boring but here goes. I finished work at around 1pm, racing round the house to do the last bit of tidying (got to have it neat and tidy for the buglers)
Getting all the bags and paperwork together. How cute is our little document holder, It is from Redbubble.

We wanted to leave as soon as James got back which was at 5pm. I went to get Alex from nursery about 4pm. There was loads of traffic about. What? Really? At 4pm! I bet everyone was finishing early to watch England play, haven’t made it this far since 1990, I don’t blame them. This means I didn’t get home till 4.45. Its only meant to be a 10 minute journey there and back. I quickly put Alex in the bath and could hear Yaz knocking on the door. Perfect timing! She watched Alex while I quickly put some make up on and got Alex’s stuff ready. James appeared at 5pm. Expecting to leave straight away but he had time to get changed.
All the stuff was loaded in the car and we was on our way at 5.20pm! I was desperate to make it to the premier inn in Dover before 7pm (Kick off). But this wasn’t happening. 50mph speed limits on the M20 were slowing me down. But we were all in good spirits and Yaz streamed the football from her phone. (she gets 100gb of data a month – handy her brother working for a phone company)

Teletubbie land?

We got to the premier inn at around 7.20. Alex didn’t sleep in the car and was now over tired. I think he was excited that someone was sitting next to him in the back (Yaz) and didn’t want to miss out.

So we quickly dumped our bags, warmed Alex some milk while he played in the room.

We put him in his grow bag and in the pram and went to the restaurant. Which was a table table. We thought it would be rammed because the football was on. So made a reservation a couple of days a go for 7.45. Turns out there was no need as it was nearly dead. The bar was busy as they had a TV but the restaurant was quiet.
Alex wouldn’t go to sleep and was getting so restless. So James said he will walk him around outside in his pushchair. Me and Yaz stayed at the table and ordered the drinks and food. Stella for James, and a bottle of Rosé for me and my girl!
This is how we watched the football

Spoiler Alert – I am absolutely rubbish at taking pictures of food…. Scrap that, I am rubbish at taking pictures full stop. I get caught up in the moment or I’m too hungry and I just dive straight in. So there isnt many pictures of food and I’m relying on the others to take good pictures. I don’t think my blogging/vlogging career will take off any time soon.
So Alex had finally given in and the food appeared. Yaz had the beef and merlot pie, I had some kind of curry which was actually really nice but I did have a bit of food envy because James had a BBQ double beef burger and chips. I absolutely love burger and chips! We did all have a dessert too. Yaz is the queen of puds – Im not overly fussed by them and would rather have a starter but when in Rome and all that. James had a sundae and me and Yaz had a chocolate melting pudding thing. As you can see my descriptions are as good as my pictures.
The football had gone into extra time so it was coming up 10pm. Croatia had just scored and I was extremely disappointed by this point. So I left with Alex so I could put him in his cot.
I don’t know if anyone had them baby sleeping bags that you can use in the car or pushchair but my goodness trying to get him out asleep was never going to happen and by doing it only with the light on my phone, was like a crystal maze challenge. 100% would have not got the crystal. As I lifted him up I could see the whites of his eyes. GAME OVER! I thought that’s it he has an hour and half cat nap and wasn’t going to go back down. I laid him in his cot and just walked away. I thought I would heat some milk just in case. Which we didn’t need.
By the time James and Yaz had paid the bill and James had gone to get the night light out of the car. Alex was soundo. Winning!
The room was absolutely boiling. There was no air con and just a stand up fan which I had put on spin mode and placed near the cot.
Me and James chatted for a bit and then drifted off. It took me ages to fall asleep it was gone 11.30pm. Then at midnight. Alex really started crying. I think the fan had scared him. So we moved the fan. Heated some milk which takes ages when you haven’t got a microwave. But luckily it didn’t take him to long to back down. But I was then awake again. And took me a while to go back to sleep!
So that’s it Pre-Travel day is done. Not very exciting but we certainly were all very excited and ready for the adventure ahead.

Thanks for reading
Love Bec x

Becca

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

A fab start for your holiday!
It certainly wasn’t the coolest night for you guys! Poor baby, I hate the heat, god knows what it’s like fornicate them!
Looking forward t the rest of your trip x
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Great start looking forward to reading the rest
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done leaving pretty much on time and to plan, you only missed 20 mins of the football - good work!

Oh, what a shame Alex waking up in the middle of the night and you ending up wide awake afterwards. At least he got a good sleep!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List