Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Jul 18, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Epcot Moonlight Magic review

We did the Epcot Moonlight Magic last night and overall had a really great evening.

We arrived at the park at around 8:20pm we were directed to a dedicated check in area where we got our wrist bands and a voucher for a QS meal. The options before 9pm were Norway, the USA or the UK and and after 9pm Sunshine Seasons or Electric Umbrella. As we’d never had fish and chips before we opted for the UK. As expected there was a line but it moved quickly enough. There were people moaning in the queue but seriously, it’s free food there’s a lot of people trying to get it, so what do you expect. We got a table outside Rose & Crown and the food was surprisingly good, afterwards we popped into the R&C for a cocktail to let the Illumination crowds disperse.

We made our way back towards the fountain where a DJ was banging out retro tunes that had us all singing along and dancing (the cocktail probably helped ) we queued for about 10 minutes to buy some merchandise. I got a T-shirt and an ornament both of which had the 20% DVC discount automatically applied at the till and we then popped into Mousegear where we bought a limited edition Figment Magic Band (again with DVC discount)

We did the Nemo ride and looked at all the underwater tanks, we virtually had the place to ourselves. After that it was Soarin & Figment again with little or no wait.

The longest line was Test Track at 30 minutes but we weren’t bothered to wait. There were special character meets including Baymax, Sebastian , Edna and Mrs Incredible to name but a few all of which had hardly any wait. We had free ice cream, chatted to some DVC bigwigs danced some more and then went to watch the extra fireworks.

They were really good and it felt special to be seeing non Illumination fireworks in Epcot. Once they were over we left the park and waited about 5 minutes for a bus to OKW.

All in all it was a good evening, I think some people lost sight of the fact it was a free event and expected more but we took it for what it was and really enjoyed it.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Thanks for your review Jakki, sounds like you had a great time. I especially like the sound of the different characters.

I’m hoping to get tickets for the DHS event in September. It will be easy enough for us to walk to from BCV.
Old 18 Jul 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a good time,glad you enjoyed it.We have been twice at animal kingdom and the kids loved getting on Everest and the safari with no wait
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the review, sounds like you really enjoyed it. We are going next month and I can't wait!

Was Mousegear open during the event or only before?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thanks for the review, sounds like you really enjoyed it. We are going next month and I can't wait!

Was Mousegear open during the event or only before?
It was open until about 10 ish. We basically had the shop to ourselves

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Jakki, wish we could have been there too! Genuinely not sure what people expect from a free event - can't imagine I would have had much to moan about
Old 18 Jul 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

You were lucky with Figment - queue was out the building when we tried to ride it so gave it a miss. 😢

We enjoyed our night too, and the food was fab. We just found it a bit busier than we expected it to be.
Old 22 Jul 18, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
You were lucky with Figment - queue was out the building when we tried to ride it so gave it a miss. 😢

We enjoyed our night too, and the food was fab. We just found it a bit busier than we expected it to be.
That’s funny as whenever we’ve gone to ride Figment on a normal Park day it’s always a walk on. Perhaps we got lucky and managed to be at the right place at the right time.

Compared to the park on a normal day I didn’t find it busy at all, I just pictured Epcot right after Illuminations gets out and it was nothing like that so we were happy.

If I was lucky enough to be there during another Moonlight Magic I’d go again.

Old 22 Jul 18, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Totally agree it was a fantastic night. First time ever attending this event and highly recommend if you get the opportunity to go.
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List