Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Economy direct or Business indirect?

Just wondered what others would choose? The best we've ever flown is premium and always direct. However, I'm very tempted by the offer I've found!

We could either fly outbound direct to Orlando in economy, or indirect via DFW or ORD in Business (with either AA or BA) for the same price. Connection times look fine.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Is business worth the hassle of changing planes with kids aged 6 and 9? Which business class is best - BA or AA?
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have done indirect economy via both DFW and ORD would happily do both again.

I would do indirect economy and splash the difference on DC or a swankier villa.

One time we did indirect via DFW and stayed overnight in on airport hotel. V luxurious.

Do bear in mind cost of seat booking with BA. AA either free or more reasonable if upgrading on longer flight.

Short hop will be no point going business.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Other point worth being aware of with BA v AA ex ORD. BA normally requires a terminal change. AA to AA was same terminal. AA Ife ex ORD was the best we have ever had.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We had that choice this year, and plumped for virgin PE and Delta Comfort + and indirect to Tampa. Fingers crossed 🤞
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

100% worth it for me. Always flown economy until last 2 trips business class indirect (boomerang).

Back to economy for us next year unless I find a bargain
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 06:23 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I have flown BA club from Dublin to MCO a couple of times when it could be done for around a grand, but now it's nearer double that without taking into account the extra cost of getting to Dublin.

What other airports are worth looking for bommerang flights?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

The flights I'm looking at are from LHR via ORD or DFW, BUSINESS outbound, economy inbound £1000. Would that be a decent deal? This is for 4th- 21st April when the lowest direct economy return flights are also £1000 😩
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

I would take the business class in a heartbeat. Would probably choose AA (definitely if going via ORD for the reasons above), as you will have to pay for seat assignments on BA (you’d get them free with the kids, but not 4 guaranteed together at that point). The only reason for choosing BA would be that the 4 seats across the centre of the cabin can work well for families. That aside, I would say AA all the way in this choice.

Edited at 04:13 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Of all the many stories that i read on the dibb, those that are most eye watering are posted by indirect dibbers.

Whilst i understand that cost is an issue, it has to be said that the more cogs you put in the wheel, the higher chance of a puncture.

Disney332
Old 29 Jul 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

If it’s only business outbound, I’m not sure it would be worth it. Coming home would be a different matter. Also, BA always pre allocate families seats about 5 days prior to departure so you don’t need to pay extra to choose. The guy who I booked my flights with at BA last year told me not to waste my money and sure enough, we got 3 seats together both outbound and inbound without paying. If we were split, I’m not too bothered though, it’s not a dealbreaker for us.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List