Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 6 Aug 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Dubai and Japan Summer 2018 Day 6

Today was another hot day in Japan and we had a later start to the day due to jet lag.

We decided to visit the Sensi-Jo temple today and see something a little more cultural.

Where we are based in Meguro it’s actually pretty easy to get around. It’s a ten minute walk to the train station and from there you can get on the Yamanote line to pretty much all of the main train stations. It’s a JR line so we can use our passes.

I decided today to bring DS9’s Walt Disney World fan with us to help keep cool. You know the ones, blue, yellow and they spray water? The kids were happy taking it in turns spraying each other and they did seem happier in the heat.

We stopped for lunch at a little sushi place. I didn’t eat anything as there were no vegetarian options but DS12 tried sushi. He didn’t like it but at least he gave it a go.

As we were approaching the temple we realised that we had lost our fan. We thought maybe at lunch. Simon went back for it but couldn’t find it cue a ten minute blame game.

The temple was stunning. Again far too hot, to really stop and study everything which was a shame. I would have liked to have looked round for longer. You could pay 100 yen to choose a fortune by shaking a tin and a stick with a number on fell out. You chose the corresponding drawer and collected your fortune. DS9 was most upset with his fortune which said he would come to harm on a cruise... amongst other things. But it’s all ok. You can tie bad fortunes to a stand. Simon’s fares much better when it said a lost article might be found.

Once leaving the temple we sat down to have a rest and to my surprise I spied something that suspiciously looked like our lost article! The fan! In the hands of some very happy people spraying themselves. DS9 politely asked if they had found it and could we have it back and they refused and the lady became upset. We didn’t mean to offend her but I’m 99.9% sure that it was our fan. Especially since it had the words Walt Disney World resort on it. I haven’t seen anyone else in the area with a fan like it. I was pretty annoyed at their reaction to be honest. Not that they wouldn’t give it back but because they were upset. Why were they upset? They got our fan. Anyway...

We were still pretty tired at this point so ventured home the way we came. I had cheese and biscuits bought from a shop for tea. As I thought, I’m really finding the whole eating in Japan quite difficult.

Tomorrow we are going to Disney! So excited!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

That's where I'm hoping to go tomorrow! What scheme about the fan! Why he upset, if it were he rd you would just say wouldn't you?
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
That's where I'm hoping to go tomorrow! What scheme about the fan! Why he upset, if it were he rd you would just say wouldn't you?
I don’t know why he was upset? It was all very strange. I’m definitely sure it was our fan as they don’t sell ones like that in Tokyo Disney. Hope you have a great time. It will be cooler when you go so you should be able to spend time there. We couldn’t spend too long there as it was far too hot and of course we’d lost our fan!😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Sorry my Amazon fire was acting up on my reply there,but it's seems you got the gist of what I meant lol if it wasn't there fan, why not just give it back

Edited at 05:58 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Sorry my Amazon fire was acting up on my reply there,but it's seems you got the gist of what I meant lol if it wasn't there fan, why not just give it back
Exactly! And why act all hurt and offended? DS9 was really polite also. It wasn’t like he shouted and demanded it back. Oh well.. as long as they are happy with it and get some use out of it.