Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Aug 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Expiry date on Seaworld tickets

I bought 2 adult SW/Aquatica/Busch tickets from Florida Tix that were for our holiday in May this year... unfortunately we never got to go as my Husband had a heart attack,I stupidly thought these tickets would be valid for the whole of 2018 and planned on using them when we go in December,but now as we're going in 2 weeks too I took them out the safe last night and saw they had a must be used by August 4th,so they're now worthless. I've had an email from Florida Tix who just verified that they couldn't be used.Am I the only one who thought when you bought a ticket saying for use in 2018 that it would be valid up to December 31st?
I'm really disappointed in their response,I've emailed SW to see if there is any chance of them accepting them,but won't hold my breath.
I'm gutted I never noticed sooner as I'd rather have given them away to Dibbers than them just being wasted.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I bought 2 adult SW/Aquatica/Busch tickets from Florida Tix that were for our holiday in May this year... unfortunately we never got to go as my Husband had a heart attack,I stupidly thought these tickets would be valid for the whole of 2018 and planned on using them when we go in December,but now as we're going in 2 weeks too I took them out the safe last night and saw they had a must be used by August 4th,so they're now worthless. I've had an email from Florida Tix who just verified that they couldn't be used.Am I the only one who thought when you bought a ticket saying for use in 2018 that it would be valid up to December 31st?
I'm really disappointed in their response,I've emailed SW to see if there is any chance of them accepting them,but won't hold my breath.
I'm gutted I never noticed sooner as I'd rather have given them away to Dibbers than them just being wasted.
I would have thought the same as you that they could be used any time in 2018.

I have just been reading some details about the SeaWorld 3 for 2 ticket on their site, and it says the following.

"This amazing value package gives you unlimited admission to all 3 parks for 14 consecutive days - and can be activated anytime you choose within the year you book" Link below.

floridatix/park-tick.../3-parks-for-2

Edited at 03:48 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Lyn...they were booked the end of last year but in the drop down it said for 2018,so even though we had planned on them being used in May,it never crossed my mind that they wouldn't be valid for the whole year..I shall see what SW say,Florida Tix just aren't interested.
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Thanks Lyn...they were booked the end of last year but in the drop down it said for 2018,so even though we had planned on them being used in May,it never crossed my mind that they wouldn't be valid for the whole year..I shall see what SW say,Florida Tix just aren't interested.
Sorry I couldn't have been of any help, hope SW can sort something for you.

Best wishes to your husband, hope he has made a good recovery
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you...yes he's fine,had 5 stents and feels better than ever.
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Unless the tickets were on a special offer for a specific period, I would have expected 2018 SW/Aquatica/Busch tickets to be useable at any time within 2018. Are you sure they were not part of a special limited deal when you bought them?

When I go on FloridaTix's website and book 2019 SW/AQ/BG tickets for next year, there is no indication that the tickets will expire part way through the year. As lyn1 says, it actually states on their website that "these tickets can be activated anytime within the year you select".

Anyway, hopefully Seaworld will let you use them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Unless the tickets were on a special offer for a specific period, I would have expected 2018 SW/Aquatica/Busch tickets to be useable at any time within 2018. Are you sure they were not part of a special limited deal when you bought them?

When I go on FloridaTix's website and book 2019 SW/AQ/BG tickets for next year, there is no indication that the tickets will expire part way through the year. As lyn1 says, it actually states on their website that "these tickets can be activated anytime within the year you select".

Anyway, hopefully Seaworld will let you use them.
Nope no special offers..they're actually cheaper now than when I ordered them.Fingers crossed SW will say they'll honour them,if not then I'll more wary the next time I buy tickets.
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Hopefully Seaworld get back to you with a more positive reply than Floridatix. I would be tempted to go back to Floridatix quoting their t&c’s in Lyn1’s post above to see if they’ll reconsider though. Such a shame as your husbands health scare and having to cancel your trip was bad enough, you don’t need anymore disappointment and upset. I’ve just had a look at my Seaworld tickets which state they are valid for 1 year from 24th April 2018 however having checked my email it was 30th April that I ordered them from Orlando Ticket Deals. I wonder if the UK sellers possibly purchase them in batches from Seaworld. If that is the case it looks like your tickets have been from an older batch when you purchased them. I really hope Seaworld honour them for your trip in December. Glad to hear your husband is better.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
till
slightly serious Dibber

we bought our from floridatix for our holiday in may but because of the rain we didnt bother to use them as we are going again in dec, checked ours and they run out 20th dec 2018, we bought them in feb which makes me think they bought them in dec
till is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Yep,happened to us last year and we only found out when we arrived at the gate/ entrance to Sea World.Like you expected our tixs to be valid for all of 2017 ,not so,out tixs were a month or so out of of date if you like which was pointed out to us by cast member.it was a tad embarrassing but after much discussion with cast member and management we were allowed entry

Edited at 07:48 PM.
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List