Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Aug 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Atlantis Bahamas?

Looking for somewhere to stay over the weekend of my 40th Birthday in January. We will be in Disney, so the option is to stay there or hop on a flight elsewhere.

So far we have toyed with the idea of Staying in Disney, going to the Gulf Coast or to Atlantis Bahamas. We love Atlantis the Palm, in Dubai so would hope it is comparable. Has anyone been to both?

Atlantis is our idea of fun (other than Disney). We like Waterparks, onsite dining and sunshine No sightseeing for this trip, just relaxing/swimming for 4/5 days.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Looking for somewhere to stay over the weekend of my 40th Birthday in January. We will be in Disney, so the option is to stay there or hop on a flight elsewhere.

So far we have toyed with the idea of Staying in Disney, going to the Gulf Coast or to Atlantis Bahamas. We love Atlantis the Palm, in Dubai so would hope it is comparable. Has anyone been to both?

Atlantis is our idea of fun (other than Disney). We like Waterparks, onsite dining and sunshine No sightseeing for this trip, just relaxing/swimming for 4/5 days.
I've been to the Bahamas Atlantis a few times now and i love it! It's so beautiful, peaceful and calm. The waterpark is great. I'd give that my vote!
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve stayed at both.
Remember Atlantis Bahamas is made up of a number of hotels. We did really enjoy our stay but the water park got really busy some days when a lot of cruise ships were in port.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
I’ve stayed at both.
Remember Atlantis Bahamas is made up of a number of hotels. We did really enjoy our stay but the water park got really busy some days when a lot of cruise ships were in port.
This is what I've read online. I was all up for going and then read reviews and almost every one commented on a huge amount of cruise day trippers and how it made the Waterpark packed and sun loungers a no-go etc.

It's been very hard deciding what to do

I don't want to fly there (hate flying) for it to be packed and wish we hadn't gone. Not sure whether to stay in Disney - we've been dozens of times and will have been there almost 5 weeks by this point so not sure how 'special' we can make that weekend.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

We visited Bahamas one last April and stayed in Dubai one in October. Personally I found the Dubai one far nicer, but obviously we were there as guests, not day trippers. Nassau is a bit of a hole TBH, but we really enjoyed our cruise. Would you consider a short cruise?
Old 10 Aug 18, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Dubai is far superior to Atlantis in Nassau IMO. The last time we visited the Bahamas it was a complete sham and we asked for a refund. I wouldn’t recommend it personally and have no desire to go back.

Have a lovely time whatever you decide to do! 😊
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

How about a 3 night Disney cruise?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

DH and I went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas for our honeymoon. It was nice but we both felt that unless you flashed your cash the staff weren't really interested. Mind you that was a few years ago now so it may have changed.
Disney1sttimers is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Thank you all.

DH hates boats! He goes a shade of grey when we get on the Disney ferry and when we were in the Staten Island ferry he stood with his back against the wall the whole time looking terrified. Cruising is a definite no unfortunately.

He doesn't really want to drive on this trip so Gulf Coast not ideal. He said he'd take a short flight (we use Disney express to get to MCO).

I'm running out of ideas!
Old 10 Aug 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I won't be booking Atlantis Bahamas as I think we will be disappointed after several amazing trips to Dubai.

Where else is similar to Atlantis Dubai but near to the US?