Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Aug 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
andy10xo
Being a bit Goofy

Taking infants on rides

Going in October and will have my nine month old daughter in tow. On rides suitable for her does she have to be in a sling or baby carrier type device for rides or can she lap sit or sit in between adults?
andy10xo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Lap is fine on the rides that will be suitable
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ohana_mama
Helping Minnie

Hi we went with my dd who was 13 months in 2016 but she's very small for her age. She was able to do suitable rides on one of our knees or in between us.

Epcot - the seas with nemo and friends, spaceship earth, livin the land, frozen, figment, gran fiesta, turtle talk with crush I sat at the front on the floor with her on my knee also (was brilliant interaction). She loved that area of the park with the aquarium.
In MK - pirates, small world, haunted mansion, teacups, railroad, jungle cruise, the carousel (on horse in front of adult), peter pan, under the sea, dumbo, winnie the pooh, buzz lightyear, the speedway.
AK - kilimanjaro safari, triceratops spin. tough to be a bug (but she didn't like it). There are more shows that she loved there. Lion king and rivers of light you are on benches so we left a little gap between us that she could sit for a while on her own.
HS - toy story mania, hmmm can't think of anything else but again shows - frozen sing along excellent and she sat on my knee for this.

We did have a sling but in all honesty didn't use it very much - found that it caused her to overheat and sweat too much, I guess it depends what time of year you are going. We also found the buggy handy for storing/carrying things in so preferred to use that.

hope that helps! Enjoy your hols!
ohana_mama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sazza22
Getting Excited

Mobile

We went last time with our 6 month old. I felt more comfortable having her in the sling for the rides that the PP mentioned but mainly because I could be certain she wasn't going to wriggle away! There's loads for babies to join in with. Make sure you make use of the baby care centres too x
sazza22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a trip with our eldest aged 9 months and then 3 years later with our youngest aged 1. We did a mixture of lap sitting and sitting between us depending on the ride (and depending on how clingie she was at that time.)

One thing to bare in mind is that a lot of the parks outside Disney insist that babies wear shoes on rides, which was a major issue for us as both girls refused to wear them as babies...
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We took DS at 9 months and he came on all the slow rides. Mostly in the baby carrier but sometimes just on our lap.
He enjoyed looking around.
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
andy10xo
Being a bit Goofy

Excellent. Think we'll go for lap sitting most the time so she doesn't get too hot in the carrier. Doing a trial run at Paultons Park with it's Peppa Pig area next week!
andy10xo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took our 7 month old in sept. We used the Sling at the airport but didn’t with the parks as it was too hot for me or him! He was so engrossed in what was going on on the rides that he didn’t wriggle much at all.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List