Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by saint rob View Post
Can I ask how far in advance you book your original flights? And then is it just a case of checking everyday until the price is right?
I book within 3 weeks of the return date being released. But yes I check every day for the prices.
The beauty of being retired and having the time.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
Do you have the Virgin Atlantic app? My flight is logged on there and when I check (2/3 times per day) there has always been an upgrade option on the main screen when I open the app.

I booked PE flights back in April for March next year and have been checking daily for upgrades. It has always been around 1,130pp each leg for ages then last week dropped to 188.00pp outbound so I upgraded.

I’m now patiently waiting to see if return leg drops (showing 1,130pp).
Nothing in the App for Upgrades either. Maybe I'm just too early? Or it's my MIA-JFK leg being on Delta that's messing it up.
abzorba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I always think to myself, would I sit in PE, with entertainment, food and booze, instead of UC, if someone paid me £x amount per hour. As a yorkshireman, the answer is almost always 'hell yes'!

That said, we love UC, and will get a miles only flight whenever available, but have only ever paid for it privately once - that was £1200 per person MCO return, which was quite reasonable.
The Yorkshire man made me chuckle - following our two previous trips being in UC we were quite happy to sit in PE last winter for £687pp. With the exception of our Nov 16 to May 17 being reward seats for £424pp of taxes and fees, our lowest paid UC was £850pp in 2015/16 due to the Euro being €1.45 at time of booking.
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Do you have the Virgin Atlantic app? My flight is logged on there and when I check (2/3 times per day) there has always been an upgrade option on the main screen when I open the app.

I booked PE flights back in April for March next year and have been checking daily for upgrades. It has always been around 1,130pp each leg for ages then last week dropped to 188.00pp outbound so I upgraded.

I’m now patiently waiting to see if return leg drops (showing 1,130pp).
With me it's the other way round. I got the cheapo return leg and waiting to see if I can get a cheapo outbound leg! Highly unlikely now though as I'm going on 13th September - yay!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
With me it's the other way round. I got the cheapo return leg and waiting to see if I can get a cheapo outbound leg! Highly unlikely now though as I'm going on 13th September - yay!
I’m thinking the same even though we don’t go until March next year. But still very happy with one way, have a fantastic trip and let us know how you found UC. X
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I’m thinking the same even though we don’t go until March next year. But still very happy with one way, have a fantastic trip and let us know how you found UC. X
Thank you very much, yes I will x
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytime
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

wow this thread got some great responses. Thank you

We are getting ready to book our trip this evening but we’ll be booking through Disney direct due to the price difference (£13,000 Disney vs £17,000 Virgin).
disneytime is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have been monitoring prices since we booked near release date to upgrade just one way, coming home. Prices have never dropped below £960ish. I’m hoping to get a bargain like so many of you others have got. Today it’s gone up £1265 I don’t hold much hope 🙁🙁
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

My return leg dropped to £208pp today so I’ve booked.

I’d been checking up to 5 times per day including today and it had been 1,130pp so I’m so happy to have got this price.
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
I booked direct with Virgin a week ago but don't have an Upgrade option.
I think it may depend on what ticket code you have
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List