Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DeeBee
Trying for More Ears

American Airlines Seat Choice Help Please

Hi
We fly MAN-PHL-MCO on Friday with American Airlines
The MAN-PHL leg has not had any free seats to choose since we booked the flights last November. This Leg has always had the seats crossed out, except for the chargable ones. (See image)
We don't really want to pay that much to choose a seat to be honest
If we check in online 24 hours before will there be additional free seats to choose?
2011 - Marriott New York and Springhill Suites LBV
2012 - Highlands Reserve and Anna Maria Island.
DeeBee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have you tried contacting them? We sent a direct message through Twitter and they booked our seats for us.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DeeBee
Trying for More Ears

Hi
Yes, contacted them a couple of times and they won't do anything
DeeBee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
Hi
Yes, contacted them a couple of times and they won't do anything
The free ones are usually the blue ones that you can still see...all the crappy middle ones on our flight..😠...from memory the paid for ones didn't become free at check in either.
Our flight has just changed..without notification..and I lost our 2+2 seats near the back. Not happy. 😤

Edited at 04:27 PM.
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jabbag
Proud to wear my Ears

We’re flown with AA a few times and seats have always been available 24 hours before check in. They hold aisle and window seats back but you should see lots released 24 hours before. A few years ago I joined seatguru for the 5 day free membership and I’m sure that their seat plan for a specific flight gave a more accurate position of the available seats.
Jabbag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
foodie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We flew to Fort Lauderdale via Philadelphia on Saturday and like you couldn’t bring myself to spend the $600 they wanted to reserve seats on the four flights.
I checked in online with the seats they had allocated me (they never changed from being payable to free 24hrs before like they had promised me on the phone) so when we got up the desk at Manchester I luckily got a helpful guy who sat myself and my husband together and our two sons together on another aisle. However another family next to me were also asking and they unfortunately got a battle axe who wouldn’t help, sadly luck if the draw.
To me it’s not that important and I have better things to spend $600 on (a night in a universal hotel and a few meals) than seats together but I know it’s a personal thing especially when you have young children.
I think it’s unfair AA are now almost holding you to ransom on seats when you have already paid for a ticket!
foodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Did this route last week - i called from Uk, called in USA, they wont move seats without you paying $$ - however dont... when you get to the airport, go to the AA desk (not the bag drop) and ask them to sit you together for the flight, then go and do bag drop.

The people on the bag drop wont shift you without paying, the staff on the AA desk were great shifitng us on the return leg.

Any questions - pls ask
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DeeBee
Trying for More Ears

Thanks very much everyone.
I guess we will try online check in 24 hours before, although I'm not hopeful on that one...
Failing that I think we'll try and get to the airport a little earlier than planned and see if they can sort it for us
Very poor by AA I think...
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DeeBee
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Tracy34 View Post
The free ones are usually the blue ones that you can still see...all the crappy middle ones on our flight..😠...from memory the paid for ones didn't become free at check in either.
Our flight has just changed..without notification..and I lost our 2+2 seats near the back. Not happy. 😤
We had picked really good seats on the two return legs. We checked at the weekend and they have changed the planes and re-allocated our seats. We are all over the place now. Phoned them and their response was basically "Tough"...Very poor
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
We had picked really good seats on the two return legs. We checked at the weekend and they have changed the planes and re-allocated our seats. We are all over the place now. Phoned them and their response was basically "Tough"...Very poor
Yes..it's annoying isn't it ...I booked the flights due to the seat availability...I booked in January..they have changed the plane twice now...the first time they did reinstate my original 'free' seats...now they are not interested.

I hope you manage to get sorted...let me know the outcome please...if that's ok.

Have a fab holiday...
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List