Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
woofwoof
Having Dinner with Goofy

I.D and drinks, our experience

Hello all
Our DD was 21 in May and now legally allowed to enjoy a cocktail or two. We were on the DDP and stayed at the beach club. DD looks about sixteen and was served nearly everywhere when presenting her provisional driving licence and copy of her passport on her phone. The only place she was not served was Raglan Road, where the waiter wanted her actual passport, we told him disney policy was to accept I.D plus photo of passport, but he was not having it , we asked for the manager who put the waiter straight
We manged to drink our way round the world and was made even more entertaining watching the bar staff trying to work out if DD was actually 21
woofwoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Well done. Always nice to see some feedback on experiences.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for updating👍
Old 14 Aug 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by woofwoof View Post
Hello all
Our DD was 21 in May and now legally allowed to enjoy a cocktail or two. We were on the DDP and stayed at the beach club. DD looks about sixteen and was served nearly everywhere when presenting her provisional driving licence and copy of her passport on her phone. The only place she was not served was Raglan Road, where the waiter wanted her actual passport, we told him disney policy was to accept I.D plus photo of passport, but he was not having it , we asked for the manager who put the waiter straight
We manged to drink our way round the world and was made even more entertaining watching the bar staff trying to work out if DD was actually 21
Without meaning to be cheeky - were you asked for ID as well? My reason for asking is that I am hoping to have an alcoholic drink on the DDP but only have a passport as I don't drive. I'm reluctant to carry around my passport so hoping a photo of it my suffice if asked.
Old 14 Aug 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have just returned from the states and my husband and I (in our 40’s/50’s) got asked for ID everywhere. One day we stopped at Publix to buy wine and bbq food, and the cashier couldn’t sell us the wine as we had forgotten the ID, and the photo on my phone wasn’t sufficient. Would it be worth considering buying a provisional driving licence, as this seems to be equally acceptable and would save carrying round a passport?
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shysarah View Post
Without meaning to be cheeky - were you asked for ID as well? My reason for asking is that I am hoping to have an alcoholic drink on the DDP but only have a passport as I don't drive. I'm reluctant to carry around my passport so hoping a photo of it my suffice if asked.
Don't want to sound like an ≈≈≈≈ here but why would only a photo of your passport be ok? You don't go to Tesco and show them a photo of your ID for proof, so why would you think this is ok in America?
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Just asking, sorry if it’s a stupid question.
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Applied for a photo licence took just over a week if any one is interested.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

You’d need to take your actual passport if that’s the only ID you have. I don’t drive but applied for a provisional license to use as ID along with a photo of my passport. I don’t like the idea of taking my passport everywhere with me, as I’m worried I’m going to lose it!
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Just asking, sorry if it’s a stupid question.
It's not a stupid question...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List