Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Another Tui query

I pre booked my seats a while ago, and we are in Premium Cabin, and i remember the Tui rep saying that it's best to check in online to make sure you keep your seats! Is that the case? If so what's the point of pre booking seats?
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

anybody can be moved for operational reasons/medical reasons etc, doesn't usually happen especially not in the premium cabins but can happen with any seat.

I don't see how checking in online will help (won't hurt) but if they decide to move you they would move you anyway.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
anybody can be moved for operational reasons/medical reasons etc, doesn't usually happen especially not in the premium cabins but can happen with any seat.

I don't see how checking in online will help (won't hurt) but if they decide to move you they would move you anyway.
Thanks, they will have a job moving me as my daughter has severe Autism, so if she's sat with somebody else they will have problems
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
Thanks, they will have a job moving me as my daughter has severe Autism, so if she's sat with somebody else they will have problems

Do you have medical seating? I fly with tui next wk and I can’t check in before 7 days before (due to the seating being free) but they have confirmed that we definitely wouldn’t lose our seats as they are medical seating for our son with autism.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Galela1986 View Post
Do you have medical seating? I fly with tui next wk and I can’t check in before 7 days before (due to the seating being free) but they have confirmed that we definitely wouldn’t lose our seats as they are medical seating for our son with autism.
No they've never said anything like that to me, they are aware of my daughter, and i have asked for airport assistance, which is why i thought strange they advising me to check in online, i pre booked seats as we are in premium cabin
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Galela1986 View Post
Did you have to pay for your seats? Only there was a thread about this a while back saying the person with the disability and a carer goes free. I tried to book some seats but was told it was to early, when did you book yours? We are in economy, don't know if that makes a difference
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Did you have to pay for your seats? Only there was a thread about this a while back saying the person with the disability and a carer goes free. I tried to book some seats but was told it was to early, when did you book yours? We are in economy, don't know if that makes a difference
We are in economy, booked our seats in jan for our flight next wk, we didn’t pay and I got welfare seating for me, my son (asd) and husband.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

I went for Premium Economy as bit more room and not quite as packed for my daughter so seat booking was free anyway, so i don't know the situation re seats in economy, think it's a case of ringing them and customer welfare and explain the situation
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I heard that it is not your seat 100% until you have checked in on-line

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 12:44 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I heard that it is not you're seat 100% until you have checked in on-line
Maybe that's what they mean then