Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 30 Aug 11, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I've used the following on the Mears taxi fare predictor.

7600 International Drive, Orlando

If that is correct the ESTIMATED fare is $41.00 one way. This does not include a gratuity for the driver if are so inclined to do so.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 11, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

I have read that you can apply for the marriage licence and get married in the courthouse straight away. Is that actually the case or do you have to come back later at a set time? Where do you get married? Is it just a clerk's office? Oh and do you have to have rings? Thinking about going to the courthouse on the first day or 2 of the holiday and probably wont have rings as we want to buy them out there.

Thanks you.
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 11, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post
I have read that you can apply for the marriage licence and get married in the courthouse straight away. Is that actually the case or do you have to come back later at a set time? Where do you get married? Is it just a clerk's office? Oh and do you have to have rings? Thinking about going to the courthouse on the first day or 2 of the holiday and probably wont have rings as we want to buy them out there.

Thanks you.
You can arrange to come back to get married in the office at a set time. I dont know what the courthouse rooms are like as we got our bit of paper and then got married on the beach.
Old 30 Aug 11, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

A kind Dibber (Kate) sent me this photo when they elected to marry at the courthouse. The fee to do so is $30.00 on top of the application fee.

You do not have to exchange rings.

Old 30 Aug 11, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by SEAWORLD FAN View Post

Thanks you.
We got married in may at the courthouse, got there on a tuesday morning about 10.30 filled out the licence forms handed them in and said we would like to get married there and then, there was no queue, paid the fee, then got married in a little room, its very basic, the lady marrying us asked if we were exchanging rings, which we were but you dont need to, we were in and out in less than half hour, it suited us just fine and it was all very easy to do

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 11, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SEAWORLD FAN
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. That all sounds like exactly what we are looking for. We don't want to have to go back later to get the marriage part done so it is ideal if we can just ask to have it done there and then. I take it that this should always be the case and that there would always be somebody availabe to do it?
SEAWORLD FAN is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 11, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
emmylou
Excited about Disney

We got married in Orange County Courthouse in Downtown Orlando in September 2009. We turned up when it opened, filled out the forms and waited an hour for our license We then go married then and there and we had rings to exchange but its certainly not required. Our room didn't look like the one above, we stood under a white arch that had plastic flowers weaved through it (it looked nicer than it sounds... ) I would post a picture if I knew how to do it! (oh wait i just figured it out!)

Just found the following info about the times in which you can get married.

Can I be married in the Clerk's office?
Yes. Deputy clerks are authorized to perform ceremonies. They are held from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m Monday through Friday at our Apopka, Ocoee and Winter Park offices. At the Orlando courthouse, ceremonies are held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The fee for this service is set by Florida Statute and is $30.00. Ceremonies are performed on a first come, first served basis at each of our offices.

Edited at 10:15 PM.
emmylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 11, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
shabba
Apprentice Imagineer

shabba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
How difficult is it to find the Courthouse in Kissimmee? I know the address is 2 Courthouse Square but im assuming its signposted? Plus where is the best place to park? Which street would you recommend? Also will it cost to park.

Lots of questions i know but just wanna make sure i dont cock this up lol
shabba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 11, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

i am struggling to fill in the for for Osceola County florida marriage form, what do we need to put in where it says province of resident.
thanks x
Old 5 Sep 11, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi I need advice my partner and I are thinking of getting married in florida when we're on holiday there in Jan 2012 neither of us are good at arranging things how easy is this could we just turn up at the court house and do it.