Stco
slightly serious Dibber

Stco's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi Twiggy1953, I go on the 2nd of December
Old 26 Nov 16, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

disabled parking charges

Hi, does anyone know if you get free disabled parking in the individual parks or in Florida generally - like we do in the UK? Apart from parking slightly closer to the parks and having larger parking spaces are their any other benefits? I can walk with aids so I am just weighing up if it is worth applying for a temp US badge? Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post

As far as I know you don't get free parking, certainly not at the parks and you must use a designated space. You can park free at some meters but I think it depends on the individual towns and cities. You can't park anywhere that's not a designated parking space, certainly not on yellow lines.
Old 9 Dec 16, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Thanks for the helpful information on the Orange County tax office. I emailed an enquiry, completed the application form and sent it back with the documentation this afternoon. Less than an hour later it was approved, I phoned the office to pay $17 and the receipt appeared in my in box 10 minutes later. Now that's service!
Well I just tried to do mine - ended up on a live chat with Patti. She says they don't do them by email - never have, not their policy. No matter what I told her about other people doing it she just kept saying I'd been misinformed and I'll have to attend a tax office with my documents. Also she said if I was staying at Disney I'd need to contact Osceola. They don't make it easy for us do they?😟
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Well I just tried to do mine - ended up on a live chat with Patti. She says they don't do them by email - never have, not their policy. No matter what I told her about other people doing it she just kept saying I'd been misinformed and I'll have to attend a tax office with my documents. Also she said if I was staying at Disney I'd need to contact Osceola. They don't make it easy for us do they?😟
How did you get from an email to live chat?
Old 9 Dec 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
How did you get from an email to live chat?
I followed the contact link on your post but couldn't see email to send documents to. So I asked which email address on live chat. The rest as they say is history🙁
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
I followed the contact link on your post but couldn't see email to send documents to. So I asked which email address on live chat. The rest as they say is history🙁
Look at post #8. It's got the instructions.
Old 9 Dec 16, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
Mobile

That's the one I followed. I was trying to see how to send the documents but obviously you have to enquire first and wait for reply. I'll wait a while and try again. Hopefully someone other than Patti will answer. I hate waiting in the tax offices - it's such a waste of holiday time, but having been told off by a Sheriff in the past for using our Blue badge at a Wendy's we don't really want to take the risk.
Old 9 Dec 16, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Hi ILHO - good instructions, unfortunately Martin didn't post the email address to receive necessary documents, could have cut out having to use the 'contact' form. Brother will make application via 'contact' first and go from there He was using the county who stopped this service, far easier than sitting in the Cape Coral office.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orpin
Excited about Disney

Hi... I had contact back from someone called Angie at Orange County, she dealt with the payment and sent the permit which arrived in under a week. If you would like her email please let me know.
orpin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List