Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Tried to get through to Guest Services but denied. The chap was marginally more helpful than yesterday and said I needed to contact Wholesale in the US who Thomson book through.

Contacted them and 'Tasha' was incredibly unhelpful and just referred me back to Thomson for 5 minutes like a robot.

Who is St Kathy and what's her email? Who else do I need to copy in?

The issue is that they've overbooked the standard rooms but given we booked with 507 days to go I don't think we should be bumped to an 'upgrade'.
yes

Kathy.Matthews@disney.com

she is an angel - prepare for some magic.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Well. Im off to make the kids dinner and glance fondly at my Gordens gin as its a tad to early for that.
Get a bottle of Lambs in, never too early for rum and with their spiced rum only being 30% it's weak enough to consume a glass before dinner
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

I emailed everyone on the list and Kathy's came back as out of the office. Someone at Robert Chapek email replied saying they wanted to speak to me and thats when Dale called this afternoon.

I have stay put/move to por/move to pofq to decide on.

I loved CBR in 2016 but don't want those memories tainted by a construction site so think I am moving (at a cost) just got to decide.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
solliss
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
if you newbies have a spare life time, you should go and read this thread from the start - here's the greatest hits tho...

Went to CBR june july 2015 3 weeks, free qsdp, $200 - loved it - old Old Port Royale and all.
Booked 3rd November 2016 (last day of free dining offer) for 2 weeks July 2017.
Jan Feb 2017 we heard murmurings - all rumour - plans filed with the local water authority...
In Feb 2017 a young and beautiful Psychic Chic Dibber Cha Cha started this thread as a place to tie all the lies, rumours and truths together...
I cant link back to the very first thread but you can read on from here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=12354160
It fast became a meeting place for people worried their dream holidays would be in tatters.
BOOOOM the announcement was made. OPR CLOSED - Temp Tent in - half Martinique and all of Barbados demolished...
Then we had a week of mayhem, ludicrous offers, a twitter campaign #nopixiedust - a record of which I kept here: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1009888
(yes we were told all these lies and veiled threats.)
In the past Disney had done right by their guest, the first refurb at cbr included closing the whole resort, other refurbs they had offered decent compo to stay or moves to other resorts.
We had a bitter battle, with Disney, Tour Operators (Thomson were the very worst) - but also some pixie dust restored from St Kathy at Disney. Really took the shine off for some people.
I chose to stay at CBR - after being told at one point we'd need to pay £4500 more to move to AoA. It was a bitter event, at one point, after this mess all caused by Disney, I was told I was "confused" by a senior Disney person.
I stuck to my guns and received £700 off my bill and a gift card on arrival for $1050.
Had a fab stay at CBR and am looking forward to going back when its finished.

It is a great resort and breakfast in the tent is actually great value - 1 QS credit and you can eat all you can and loads of choice. Room service meals are ace (but need DDP to get them free x 2 credits). Meals in the tent are a bit samey - a bit meh - but just plan to eat in the parks or Disney springs (Blaze Pizza, Deluxe Burger - YUM).

It is a beautiful place... and probably still is...

2016 Trip:

2017 Trip:

greatest hits from this amazing thread:

was it all worth it?

Deffo...

Thanks Cha Cha for being psychic and all my gin drinking cbr buddies...

its been a blast, and it aint over yet.
Cheers PM and all our CBR Buddies
Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe - August 2014
We're going back August 2017, 1st time onsite - CBR + 1 week I Drive
solliss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I emailed Disney and Virgin with my concerns over the matter again. Disney have got back to me quick sharp escalating my matter within hours of my original email. Got a phone call due tomorrow from someone within head of operations who said they have contacted Virgin with concerns from our original booking.

Feel like I’m getting somewhere now. I was told of no construction by anyone and had to find it off my own back so happy that someone is going to help me in some shape or form.

Will keep everyone updated
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNewbie View Post
I emailed everyone on the list and Kathy's came back as out of the office. Someone at Robert Chapek email replied saying they wanted to speak to me and thats when Dale called this afternoon.

I have stay put/move to por/move to pofq to decide on.

I loved CBR in 2016 but don't want those memories tainted by a construction site so think I am moving (at a cost) just got to decide.
That's one of the reasons I decided to move to FQ. I gave up AKL to move back to CBR, but my memories from a wonderful holiday in 2016 are amazing and I really don't want them ruined. The potential lack of food court doesn't bother me too much because we will just eat in the parks but the construction and noise/cranes is something I don't really want to put up with. POFQ does look really nice so I'm happy and can carry on planning stress free.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingbear
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ok we took the plunge and have jumped ship too. POR for us. It was a tricky decision but actually I remembered that while trying to book Disney it was por that I really wanted all along but there was no availability for our dates. There still isn’t but they used US allocation.

It feels a bit weird as have been so used to planning for CBR but I feel less anxious about the whole thing now.

I’m sure either way we will all have an amazing holiday!

Chin chin xx
dancingbear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
That's one of the reasons I decided to move to FQ. I gave up AKL to move back to CBR, but my memories from a wonderful holiday in 2016 are amazing and I really don't want them ruined. The potential lack of food court doesn't bother me too much because we will just eat in the parks but the construction and noise/cranes is something I don't really want to put up with. POFQ does look really nice so I'm happy and can carry on planning stress free.
That's exactly how I feel. I was actually looking forward to the food tent for breakfast but all the other construction was really worrying me and putting a cloud over my planning. Hubby says to just pay the extra for the lack if stress and we get to keep our memories of a beautiful resort.

I'm spending my night watching YouTube vids about the resorts before phoning Dale back in the morning to (sadly) move resorts.

May see you around Port Orleans :-)
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dancingbear View Post
Ok we took the plunge and have jumped ship too. POR for us. It was a tricky decision but actually I remembered that while trying to book Disney it was por that I really wanted all along but there was no availability for our dates. There still isn’t but they used US allocation.

It feels a bit weird as have been so used to planning for CBR but I feel less anxious about the whole thing now.

I’m sure either way we will all have an amazing holiday!

Chin chin xx
I would have absolutely have no anxiety at all at knowing I was going to stay at POR.

One word.

Beignets...

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingbear
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I would have absolutely have no anxiety at all at knowing I was going to stay at POR.

One word.

Beignets...
Does it mean I’m terribly uncultured- I don’t know what a beignet is?!?
dancingbear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread