Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Jul 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Collybird.

Just re read your report as I’m trying to get my head into planning adr mode for next summer.

Thanks again for posting such detailed stuff, puts my report to shame.

All the starters look great and I’m sitting here thinking oh I could go and just pay oop, which is exactly what I want to avoid next time.

Tokyo is back on my list since they have brought a bento box back on to the menu. Plus now ds and I love sushi maybe it will be a good choice, I have it in my head somewhere that you can order 2 rolls if you are in ddp, night just have dreamed that though.

Citricos is somewhere else I’d never really thought of but looked good.

We loved spice road table last time but paid oop and went for the small plates, they were awesome.

Looking forward to your next report. Just try and get it up and finished before my 180 days which is about Christmas 😂😂😂only kidding.

Edited at 05:23 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Collybird.

Just re read your report as I’m trying to get my head into planning adr mode for next summer.

Thanks again for posting such detailed stuff, puts my report to shame.

All the starters look great and I’m sitting here thinking oh I could go and just pay oop, which is exactly what I want to avoid next time.

Tokyo is back on my list since they have brought a bento box back on to the menu. Plus now ds and I love sushi maybe it will be a good choice, I have it in my head somewhere that you can order 2 rolls if you are in ddp, night just have dreamed that though.

Citricos is somewhere else I’d never really thought of but looked good.

We loved spice road table last time but paid oop and went for the small plates, they were awesome.

Looking forward to your next report. Just try and get it up and finished before my 180 days which is about Christmas 😂😂😂only kidding.
You are braver than me re-reading it all

I promise to try and have the report up before Christmas, I am already feeling excited about writing it, but asks me again once the Disney blues have kicked in

Even when we were on the regular plan we still paid for appetizers, I never felt as though the cost added up to much.

The DDP options at Tokyo Dining were very complicated, the server explained everything but I already knew what I wanted to order so I didn't pay too much attention. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I've tried Google-ing to find an answer for you but there doesn't seem to be much information about it.

I really can't rave about Citricos enough, the entire experience was fabulous, and I really like eating inside the Grand Floridian as opposed to in the grounds at Narcoossee's.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Reply to Day 12:

I think that snap from outside HDD is my favourite one from your report so far. So cute!

You did make me smile with your HDD review, too ("We like junk.")

We had such a disappointing meal there last time that I can't talk either of my lads into it again. Such a bummer; I love the show. I think that would be a really fun night out in a big group.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Reply to Day 12:

I think that snap from outside HDD is my favourite one from your report so far. So cute!

You did make me smile with your HDD review, too ("We like junk.")

We had such a disappointing meal there last time that I can't talk either of my lads into it again. Such a bummer; I love the show. I think that would be a really fun night out in a big group.
I don't like that photo I only posted it because we didn't get one taken the last time we were there and I always regretted it.

Thank you for still reading, your showing the same dogged persistence I did in finally writing the thing!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've just spent the last day or so catching up on your report. What a fab report and excellent food choices.

Got to say my favourite meal looks to be Homecomin' that chicken looks immense. I'm so glad Abby stopped you from deleting the report and you MUST do a new one after this next trip! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I've just spent the last day or so catching up on your report. What a fab report and excellent food choices.

Got to say my favourite meal looks to be Homecomin' that chicken looks immense. I'm so glad Abby stopped you from deleting the report and you MUST do a new one after this next trip! X
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for reading.

Homecomin' was really excellent, you are going to love it! The sides were just a yummy as the chicken.

I'll definitely be reporting back this year, I am excited about it and have a notebook and pen ready to go
Old 28 Aug 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Reply to Day 13:

A pre-reply aside: Poot and I were in Glasgow earlier this month (for the European Championships) - and at the gymnastics event finals we sat next to a tiny family from Dundee!

For once in my life, I did NOT say something awkward like, "Do you ever go to Kentucky Fried Chicken? I have an internet friend who manages one in Dundee!"

To be clear, I did THINK about saying it - but still. Yay, me.

ANYWAY...

I can't believe that meal at Coral Reef would have cost $150! Eek!

And to see a band I've never heard of...

I even Googled them...but it didn't help.

We queued back in 2014 to see Billy Ocean - and he played a solid, tight set.

This year we're only at F&W for one day. The band is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. SIGH.

That Werther's Caramel Corn is gorgeous. And FYI: You can buy it pre-packaged at Target/Walmart.

On to Morocco!

Are the "hummus fries" falafel?

'Cause I like falafel...but I'm not sure what a "hummus fry" is!
Old 4 Sep 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Reply to Day 13:

A pre-reply aside: Poot and I were in Glasgow earlier this month (for the European Championships) - and at the gymnastics event finals we sat next to a tiny family from Dundee!

For once in my life, I did NOT say something awkward like, "Do you ever go to Kentucky Fried Chicken? I have an internet friend who manages one in Dundee!"

To be clear, I did THINK about saying it - but still. Yay, me.

ANYWAY...

I can't believe that meal at Coral Reef would have cost $150! Eek!

And to see a band I've never heard of...

I even Googled them...but it didn't help.

We queued back in 2014 to see Billy Ocean - and he played a solid, tight set.

This year we're only at F&W for one day. The band is Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. SIGH.

That Werther's Caramel Corn is gorgeous. And FYI: You can buy it pre-packaged at Target/Walmart.

On to Morocco!

Are the "hummus fries" falafel?

'Cause I like falafel...but I'm not sure what a "hummus fry" is!
I am very glad you didn't ask the Dundee family that

Boys II Men aside, we've never had much luck with Eat to the Beat bands during our visits. I'd love to see Hanson sometime.

I believe the hummus fries are falafel.

Thank you for reading!
Old 4 Sep 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Such an enjoyable read. Thank you so much for all of this work.You had no need to feel nervous of the finished result! I think it sits up there with the best of them! Again, thank you, Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Reply to Day 14

Tokyo Dining is one of those places that I keep ALMOST trying. It looks so lovely, and the views - but then I look (for the millionth time) at the menu and just...don't feel it.

This report has not changed my mind.

Such pretty everything...but, no.

Love the IDEA of the Sci-Fi - but we always have some kind of issue there, too. Though I've never had to wrap napkins 'round my legs!

Poor you...and then to get what looked like ASDA Café fries! It's just not on, Disney. THAT'S why I won't order my main until I have my starter in America.

I wish that the Sci-Fi was a counter service restaurant. It would be the perfect spot to duck in and watch a few of the cheesy clips with a drink or a sandwich.

But the last time we went there (paying OOP) - we were stuck at the back of a car and then hustled out of the restaurant.

From being seated to walking out: 43 minutes (I was so peeved I wrote it down).

For a $50 meal.

It's a crying shame...because I love, love, LOVE the theming.

Oh, dear...sorry for using YOUR report to complain.

Must do better next time.