Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jan 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Day 7 Disappointed at SW but We Rise Again

The last time we had been here at Xmas SW was my favourite park and it has always been Alix's favourite as it is a combination of coasters and animals. Before we left I checked the website to see what I could do while Darren and Alix were riding the coasters. I noticed that Kraken wasn’t running until the 23rd and as this is in Alix's top 3 rides she was very disappointed. There were also no fireworks tonight so I too was disappointed.

We arrived at 9.40 for a 10.00 opening and this was the longest line we had encountered as we were held at the turnstiles. Once in, Darren and Alix headed to Mako and I headed to the dolphin nursery.

I had just reached the Waterfront when Alix rang to say none of the rides were working. Manta was down for maintenance and Mako didn’t open until 12.00. Now I don’t mind rides opening late but surely this should be advertised - we would have arrived later, had we known.

There was only one animal show that morning so we browsed the shops, where I bought a Xmas ornament, and had a look at the manatees and turtles before going into the new dolphin show.

Darren decided not to come in but to have a wander. Alix and I enjoyed the show but there wasn’t anything we hadn’t seen before.

We waited for everyone to leave and when we met Darren he said Journey to Atlantis had just opened. The area for the lockers was busy so we decided to take our bags on. We had just got into a fairly small line when it was announced that the ride was temporarily closed. Feeling annoyed we left the line and just got to the end when there was another announcement saying it was a temporary delay and to stay in line. We didn’t bother staying but headed to Mako to check whether it was going to open. The attendant said it would open at 12 so we just had 20 minutes to wait. Darren took a seat in the sun while Alix and I browsed the shops. At 11.50 a line was starting to form so I took a seat while Darren and Alix joined the line. The ride opened at 12.10. They sent the first car around with only 4 quick queue people on which meant they had to wait again. They rode once but said the line was now long and as there was only 1 car running they weren’t waiting again. So we headed back to JtA, calling at Pacific Point on the way.

JtA was a walk on and pleasantly cooled down we headed for the exit but stopped for ice cream. Darren had mint choc chip and I had butter pecan with peanut topping which was delicious.

We left the park at 1.00 and called at Premium Outlets where Alix found a Pocahontas Pop she wanted. She realised we were in the wrong outlets for Bath and Body and there was nothing we wanted in Disney Warehouse, although I was nearly tempted by a pair of Crocs as my feet are really starting to hurt.

Back at the villa I just had time for a quick dip in the pool before we left on a mission to ride Rise again. Darren didn’t bother coming in but he and Alix sat on the lanai and we chatted.

As we only had one mission tonight, to ride Rise again, which we couldn’t do until the end of the night we didn’t arrive at HS until 7.10. The parking lanes were closed so no charge and we got to park in the second row which was a bonus. The wait times were quite high tonight so we did some photopass and took our own pics before heading to Star Tours.

Darren and Alix weren’t keen on riding Star Tours but agreed as it was only a 10 minute wait. I have always liked this ride and have fond memories from when the kids were younger so I was happy to be doing it. It was a walk on and Darren and Alix were shocked it was so good. It has obviously been updated since we were last on it. Alix couldn’t believe she nearly missed this.

ToT had gone down to 35 so that was up next. It clearly wasn't as long as our first night and we were on within 15 minutes although there was a slight delay while some spilled popcorn had to be cleaned up. The CM didn’t manage to get it all as we saw it flying during the ride. I seemed to be out of my seat for ages on this ride.

It was 8.45 when we got in line for Rise and the wait time was posted as 65 minutes but again it only took 30 to the ride, 15 to the first stage. We were on a different track this time and we all agreed this one was even better. Mission accomplished and 3 happy people strolling out of a beautiful, quiet park.

My feet had been hurting really bad today. The first evening I wore sandals and got a blister but thought my well worn trainers would be fine. When I got home tonight I checked my trainers to find they are more worn than I realised and it is no wonder my feet are hurting.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by karalma View Post

The last time we had been here at Xmas SW was my favourite park and it has always been Alix's favourite as it is a combination of coasters and animals. Before we left I checked the website to see what I could do while Darren and Alix were riding the coasters. I noticed that Kraken wasn’t running until the 23rd and as this is in Alix's top 3 rides she was very disappointed. There were also no fireworks tonight so I too was disappointed.

We arrived at 9.40 for a 10.00 opening and this was the longest line we had encountered as we were held at the turnstiles. Once in, Darren and Alix headed to Mako and I headed to the dolphin nursery.

I had just reached the Waterfront when Alix rang to say none of the rides were working. Manta was down for maintenance and Mako didn’t open until 12.00. Now I don’t mind rides opening late but surely this should be advertised - we would have arrived later, had we known.

There was only one animal show that morning so we browsed the shops, where I bought a Xmas ornament, and had a look at the manatees and turtles before going into the new dolphin show.

Darren decided not to come in but to have a wander. Alix and I enjoyed the show but there wasn’t anything we hadn’t seen before.

We waited for everyone to leave and when we met Darren he said Journey to Atlantis had just opened. The area for the lockers was busy so we decided to take our bags on. We had just got into a fairly small line when it was announced that the ride was temporarily closed. Feeling annoyed we left the line and just got to the end when there was another announcement saying it was a temporary delay and to stay in line. We didn’t bother staying but headed to Mako to check whether it was going to open. The attendant said it would open at 12 so we just had 20 minutes to wait. Darren took a seat in the sun while Alix and I browsed the shops. At 11.50 a line was starting to form so I took a seat while Darren and Alix joined the line. The ride opened at 12.10. They sent the first car around with only 4 quick queue people on which meant they had to wait again. They rode once but said the line was now long and as there was only 1 car running they weren’t waiting again. So we headed back to JtA, calling at Pacific Point on the way.

JtA was a walk on and pleasantly cooled down we headed for the exit but stopped for ice cream. Darren had mint choc chip and I had butter pecan with peanut topping which was delicious.

We left the park at 1.00 and called at Premium Outlets where Alix found a Pocahontas Pop she wanted. She realised we were in the wrong outlets for Bath and Body and there was nothing we wanted in Disney Warehouse, although I was nearly tempted by a pair of Crocs as my feet are really starting to hurt.

Back at the villa I just had time for a quick dip in the pool before we left on a mission to ride Rise again. Darren didn’t bother coming in but he and Alix sat on the lanai and we chatted.

As we only had one mission tonight, to ride Rise again, which we couldn’t do until the end of the night we didn’t arrive at HS until 7.10. The parking lanes were closed so no charge and we got to park in the second row which was a bonus. The wait times were quite high tonight so we did some photopass and took our own pics before heading to Star Tours.

Darren and Alix weren’t keen on riding Star Tours but agreed as it was only a 10 minute wait. I have always liked this ride and have fond memories from when the kids were younger so I was happy to be doing it. It was a walk on and Darren and Alix were shocked it was so good. It has obviously been updated since we were last on it. Alix couldn’t believe she nearly missed this.

ToT had gone down to 35 so that was up next. It clearly wasn't as long as our first night and we were on within 15 minutes although there was a slight delay while some spilled popcorn had to be cleaned up. The CM didn’t manage to get it all as we saw it flying during the ride. I seemed to be out of my seat for ages on this ride.

It was 8.45 when we got in line for Rise and the wait time was posted as 65 minutes but again it only took 30 to the ride, 15 to the first stage. We were on a different track this time and we all agreed this one was even better. Mission accomplished and 3 happy people strolling out of a beautiful, quiet park.

My feet had been hurting really bad today. The first evening I wore sandals and got a blister but thought my well worn trainers would be fine. When I got home tonight I checked my trainers to find they are more worn than I realised and it is no wonder my feet are hurting.
Sad to hear that SW was so disappointing for you all. But sounds like HS more than made up for it! Rise is such an amazing experience 💕
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sea World sounded very disappointing

But a good night at Hollywood Studios hope your feet soon feel better!

Joan
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Sad to hear that SW was so disappointing for you all. But sounds like HS more than made up for it! Rise is such an amazing experience 💕
We loved Rise. It is a completely different experience.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sea World sounded very disappointing

But a good night at Hollywood Studios hope your feet soon feel better!

Joan
It took a few days but eventually they did.
Old 9 Jan 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I can't believe nothing was open in Seaworld what a complete joke! You mad up for it at HS though that was a fab evening and good to know the evening wait times are so inflated

Can I ask about park passes? Did you have HS booked as a park pass, or did you not need a pass as you went there so late? I'm just wondering if it is possible to make a last minute decision to go there of an evening.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I can't believe nothing was open in Seaworld what a complete joke! You mad up for it at HS though that was a fab evening and good to know the evening wait times are so inflated

Can I ask about park passes? Did you have HS booked as a park pass, or did you not need a pass as you went there so late? I'm just wondering if it is possible to make a last minute decision to go there of an evening.
Yes SW was very disappointing. It was unbelievable how much the wait times were inflated. But we were pleased about it. Yes we had a park pass. You can go to any park after 2.00 but only if you have been to your reserved park first, if that makes sense.