Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Jan 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort rooms

I am looking to book two studio rooms at my home resort, i have never stopped there before in 15yrs of ownership, so i am looking for recommendations for rooms to request.
also do the boats go to hollywood studios or just disney springs,
thank you
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

This is my favourite resort. Lovely lay out with a good walk way to Disney Springs. The boats don't go to Hollywood studios unfortunately.

I have always tried to stay in Congress Park which is about a 5 min walk from the quick serve and 10 mins from Disney Springs. Not far at all. I think the bus stop is one of the last stops on site before heading off so not as good if you rely on the buses. The pool is also less themed than the other ones on property.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Standard Grandstand. If possible ask for the building next to Grandstand pool. Having done a recce I actually think this is not only the closest building to the main building and pool, you have the GS pool right outside, drinks refills right outside and first on and off the bus, bus stop is 150 yards away. Also it’s closest rooms to the boat to DS, or the path to walk via Cirque side entrance/ House of Blues.
It can’t be beat. Only downside is some rooms on the end ( we had one) have one of the rare car park views, but if you ask for a high floor (we had top) even if you get one, when sat down looking forward it’s a pleasant view along the treetops and the Saratoga buildings in the distance. It is extremely quiet (as most of SSR is) even if someone is in the pool later it won’t bother you as no balcony’s or windows overlook it.
You will love it, the 1 beds are phenomenal which we stayed in and we liked the pools and amenities. The refurb has made it our favourite resort- great gym and quickserve too.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you, its always good to hear from people who have stayed there,
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We love the Paddock as the pool is great and it has the bridge to the main building and main pool. There is a drinks refill station at the Paddock pool and it also has a bar with food. It has a big slide for the kids (and me) too.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Such a lovely resort. Lovely walk to Springs and OKW.
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

We are currently staying at the Grandstand in the block near the pool and bus stop as mentioned by Yorkshire T
Fantastic location really pleased with it
Talland 2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
We are currently staying at the Grandstand in the block near the pool and bus stop as mentioned by Yorkshire T
Fantastic location really pleased with it
Yes for standard I’m convinced it can’t be bettered and in fact if you don’t get a Disney Springs view or aren’t bothered about walking into DS on the left side, it’s really better than many preferred.

I was a little disappointed when I arrived when we had a car park view, but I couldn’t complain as because of Mrs YT’s aversion to any noise, I had also asked ‘Far from elevator’.

The problem with that in this block if you are put on the right of the building it’s a car park view. So they gave me exactly what I’d asked for (they did at Boardwalk too giving us top corner room overlooking pool, about best 1 bed on property if you don’t mind the distance to the lobby).

However, I grew to quite like the view. There was no noise (very quiet car park, far from the main resort roads), and because it got dark early. (I like to sit out and have a beer about 5) because of lighting there was still a lot to see and when I was sat down you looked out over the trees and other buildings. So I’d stay in that room again but if bothered about that, just ask for goLf course view and hopefully you’ll get it.

This was a view of the GS pool from the block corridor on the 4th floor to give you an idea. Bar and cup refill machine just on right there where you can see that light in the pool building. Loved the theming at this pool BTW, the pool building there is cleverly like stables inside. However we didn’t sit around it as the main pool was just a few mins away. Mrs YT did like a morning swim in it, totally empty and warmer than pools at Boardwalk (as was main pool).

Edited at 09:43 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List