Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tracymiami
Imagineer

tracymiami's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Question Is 6 nights to many in Key West?

Hi guys

We are planning a little road trip
Orlando, Miami and the Keys

Do you think 6 nights in Florida Keys is to much (as in is there enough to do)

My partner is massively into Paddle Boarding so we would be going to different places to do this and swim with the manatees but did not know if we should do less time here

Thoughts would be great

Thanks

t xx
Orlando - Quality Inn International, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn Plaza, Wyndham Resort, Miami - Thunderbird, Clearwater - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, New York - Wardorf Astoria, Hawaii - Royal Lahaina, Moana Surfrider, Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan, Caesars Palace, The Linq, DL Paris - New York, Newport Bay (Feb 2020 ) California - Roadtrip
tracymiami is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

6 nights would be fine, our favourite two are Islamorada (Robbies is perfect for water sports) and Key West. We also spent one night at Gilbert’s Resort in Key Largo last November, that was fun, weekend rates are high but midweek are reasonable, water sports there too

Edit: sorry just re-read question. Yes, 6 nights prob too much in Key West for a first visit, I’d do 3 nights KW, 3-4 nights Islamorada or middle keys

Edited at 08:27 PM.
sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Whilst 6 nights may be a bit much for Key West, imho it would be great for the Lower Keys as a whole.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Whilst 6 nights may be a bit much for Key West, imho it would be great for the Lower Keys as a whole.
We have 5 nights booked for October but it’s our 5th trip and we’ve made a fair few friends down there too, so intend to take a boat trip to the sand bar and a trip to the Dry Tortugas too. completely agree though, first trip, 2-3 nights max with the remainder in the middle keys. Not keen on Marathon but Sombrero Beach and Bahia Honda are defo worth a visit. Oh and now they’re about to reopen the old stretch of the 7 mile bridge near Pigeon Key, that too lol

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
We have 5 nights booked for October but it’s our 5th trip and we’ve made a fair few friends down there too, so intend to take a boat trip to the sand bar and a trip to the Dry Tortugas too. completely agree though, first trip, 2-3 nights max with the remainder in the middle keys. Not keen on Marathon but Sombrero Beach and Bahia Honda are defo worth a visit. Oh and now they’re about to reopen the old stretch of the 7 mile bridge near Pigeon Key, that too lol
Will that mean that the missing span(s) is/are reinstated and it will be possible to walk the whole length through Pigeon Key?

I found walking the old bridge from N towards South absolutely brilliant!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracymiami
Imagineer

tracymiami's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hey guys

Thanks for that, will defo take you advice and alter what I am doing. It was only after I thought i think this may be a little to long here so really appreciate your opinions. I shall look into those places

t xx
Orlando - Quality Inn International, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn Plaza, Wyndham Resort, Miami - Thunderbird, Clearwater - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, New York - Wardorf Astoria, Hawaii - Royal Lahaina, Moana Surfrider, Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan, Caesars Palace, The Linq, DL Paris - New York, Newport Bay (Feb 2020 ) California - Roadtrip
tracymiami is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Will that mean that the missing span(s) is/are reinstated and it will be possible to walk the whole length through Pigeon Key?

I found walking the old bridge from N towards South absolutely brilliant!
No still has a break for boats to pass I believe, looking forward to visiting October

Old 15 Jan 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No! Definitely not!

We had 3 nights in Key West in 2019 - but spent ages trying to sort out a broken hire car

So we are going back again to do it "properly" this October for 10 nights in total - 5 nights in Key West and 4 in Key Largo.

We went kayaking last time and had a blast!We used Key West Eco Tours and went out into the mangroves. 2hrs €130 for both of us.
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List