Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 22, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Day 11 Coasting

After all the walking on painful feet over the last few days I considered resting at the villa today. Darren seemed so much better after his rest yesterday and I thought it might do me good. My feet were no longer painful but I was worried I was making them worse by all the walking and not allowing them to heal. But I love Busch, which is today's park and I knew they had a train that went around the park so I checked it was running and decided to go and coast along on the train as Darren and Alix coasted on the rides.

As Darren and Alix had quick queue passes they weren’t too concerned about getting there for opening and as Busch didn't open until 10.00 we had a nice easy start to the morning.

As we had free parking here and preferred parking was only $5 more than standard I asked if we could upgrade. Darren and Alix rushed off to the rides and I sauntered in.

I browsed the shops and spotted some mugs I might come back to, before heading for the train. But on the way I spotted Myombe Reserve and couldn’t resist calling in here as it is my favourite place at Busch. I spent a while just sitting watching the chimps who were also having a chillied morning, sitting around, chewing on the grass.

I then moved onto the gorilla enclosure which is my favourite part of the park. It is so cool in here with a warm breeze blowing, the sound of the waterfall is very relaxing and the lush forest ambience is so beautiful. The goirilla was also very chilled as he rolled around his grassy area.

I spent about an hour in here before moving to the Nairobi train station.

I had a few minutes wait here so took a seat underneath a cool fan and away from the crowds that came in. Once on the train there was another wait as they waited for the train to fill up, but I wasn’t in any hurry.

I enjoyed the relaxed journey and seeing giraffes, rhinos and antelopes.

I stayed on at Stanleyville and took the trip around the whole park. Coming back into Nairobi station I spotted Darren and Alix waving as I went by. They waited for me and told me they were having a good day but they hadn’t needed the quick queue tickets. Once again not all the rides were open so they were following then around as they opened.

They weren’t in any hurry so I walked with them to the Moroccan theatre as I wanted to see the showtimes of the Xmas shows as I couldn’t see them on the website. Alix checked the app and said they weren’t on until the evening, which was disappointing. As they weren’t in any hurry for the rides we strolled together

We called into a couple of shops, where Alix bought a pumpkin mug and I bought a top. I stopped to see the elephants and they waited for me.

I left them at Jungala where I popped in the indoor viewing area to watch the tigers as it is cool in here and I could have a seat.

I then strolled to the orangutans, before heading back to Myombe Reseve.

Walking through Stanleyville I spotted the train was in the station so as I was taking it easy I jumped back on. When I got off I spotted a sign for Edge of Africa, which I’d missed. On the way I stopped for a look at the cheetah who was relaxing in the shade.

Somehow I lost the signs for Edge of Africa and couldn’t find it so I decided not to bother and made my way back to Myombe reserve. The chimps and gorillas weren’t out so I just relaxed and read in the lovely cool area.

I hadn’t been there long when Alix called to say she had seen a marshmallow stick that universal didn’t have and asked if I wanted one. I eagerly accepted. A couple of minutes later Alix called back to ask if I could meet them at Cheetah Hunt so they didn’t have to take the marshmallow stick on the rides. I felt I had to say yes but wasn't very happy about having to walk again. When I met them I grumpily said I wouldn’t have asked for it if I’d known I had to go and collect it. But I found a seat in the shade and it turned our the marshmallow was a white chocolate peppermint flavour and was delicious so I messaged Alix to say it was worth the walk. I remembered there was a cheetah training session staring soon so I had a slow walk back.

Everybody was gathered at the enclosure so I had a seat until they brought the cheetah out. She was an amazing cat, following the trainer's instructions. I hadn’t expected the trainers to be up close with her. We have 5 domesticated cats and we would never get them to do as requested.

I was just leaving this area when Alix rang to say they had finished so I had a seat and waited for them.

They had managed to ride Montu, Falcon's Fury, Scorpion, Kumba twice, Sheikra twice and Tigris 3 times so they were very happy. They had never ridden Tigris before and said this was amazing as it is so different to other coasters.

We spotted that the ice show was on this afternoon but as there was half an hour before it started we didn’t bother waiting. We called for 2 more marshmallow sticks before Alix and I each bought a mug.

We left the park at 2.00. They had needed the quick queue on the afternoon when it got busier. With hindsight we should have arrived mid afternoon and enjoyed the Christmas Town in the evening. On our way out we passed our unlimited quick queue passes to a very appreciative family.

We called at Denny’s for a late lunch. I had scrambled egg, cheesy hash browns and seasoned fries but found again I could only eat half. Darren had a burger and Alix had her usual eggs and fries. Darren and I enjoyed these much more this time.

We called at Game Stop, where Alix bought a couple of mystery mini pops. The traffic was really bad on the way back so we didn’t arrive home until 5.10. We had a lovely relaxed evening in the pool.

It has been so quiet that this was the first night we heard others in their pool. I had really enjoyed my relaxed day - and so had my feet.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you needed a more relaxing day to help your feet
Your hubby and daughter got lots of rides done so you all had a good day

Joan
Old 12 Jan 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like you needed a more relaxing day to help your feet
Your hubby and daughter got lots of rides done so you all had a good day

Joan
A great day, thank you.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've never been to Busch Gardens. I loved all the photos of the animals, it looked like you enjoyed it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We've never been to Busch Gardens. I loved all the photos of the animals, it looked like you enjoyed it.
We go every year. One year we didn’t buy tickets but once there we couldn’t resist and had to go.