Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

4th Time Lucky Day 4 No Flights Today

This morning was very foggy, something we hadn’t seen in Florida before. AK opened at 8 and we were there before rope drop and were kept to one side of the park - they would not open the walkway towards FoP until the walkway at the other side was open. FoP was already at 75 minutes with hotel guests having an early half hour start on non resort guests. We headed towards Everest and it was extremely quiet at this side of the park.

Everest was a walk on but I had forgotten how fast it is so I sat out the second ride and let Darren and Alix ride.

Next up was Safaris which was posted as 20 minutes but we were on in 10. This was possibly the best Safari we have been on. We saw sparring elephants,

a baby giraffe,

flighty zebras,

alert lions,

roaming rhinoceros,

curious impala

We then enjoyed the park scenery as we headed to Dinosaur. Alix and I haven’t done Dinosaur in years as since the advent of FP+ we have always selected FoP, safaris and Everest but Darren and Matt used to do one safaris and then Dinousaur on the next visits.

It was good to do something different, but a shame FoP was too long. We browsed the shops as we headed out and took a couple of pics outside the park, but I kept forgetting to remove my mask.

We then called at Disney Springs as we had some magic bands to collect.

Last year when we purchased our park tickets through ATD we were given free Star Wars bands and were still able to collect these despite the delays in getting here. I wasn’t too bothered about these but as they had Chewbacka on I quite liked them and decided to wear it. Alix and I browsed World of Disney and the Co-op but didn’t buy anything. I did see a Apple Watch strap and necklace that I really like. Heading back we called into Amoretta's to buy a Mickey holiday cake. This was really tasty but maybe not $10 worth of tasty.

The afternoon was a blissful chill in the pool before heading back to AK in the hope of doing FoP at the end of the night.

Unfortunately safaris closed early at 4.45 so there wasn’t a lot to do while we waited. We have enjoyed the evening safaris in the past, once hearing the lion roar so it is a shame they are no longer doing this.

We waved to a couple of characters sailing by.

We rode Dinosaur again

and then headed to Everest, stopping to watch Kite Trails,

until I realised that everyone who left the stadium would probably go into Everest so we rushed round to beat the crowd. It was a 20 minute wait and we got stuck at the end of the track where the bird rises for about 5 minutes, which I wasn’t keen on.

FoP just kept increasing and was now 140 minutes. The change in time difference was also catching up on us, and we were quite tired, so we decided to try another day. We had seen that Individual Lightening Lane sales are usually still available at midday so we would pay if we couldn’t get on, on our next visit.

Edited at 07:40 AM.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We love a safari in the morning, it always seems to be the best time to see lots of the animals being active. A shame you didnt make it on FOP fingers crossed for next time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day shame you didn’t get to ride FoP hopefully you will another day

Joan
Old 3 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
We love a safari in the morning, it always seems to be the best time to see lots of the animals being active. A shame you didnt make it on FOP fingers crossed for next time.
We’ve always gone on the later ones so this was really good

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day shame you didn’t get to ride FoP hopefully you will another day Joan
Hopefully .

Thanks for reading.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

It’s a pity about FOP 😢 that’s a ride I’m really looking forward to when we go in November,

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
It’s a pity about FOP 😢 that’s a ride I’m really looking forward to when we go in November,
It is my favourite.