Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Passport and nhs app different

My name on passport has my married surname only but with my Drs etc it still has my double surname as I kept it on there as my dad had just died. My NHS app is in the double barrel surname while my passport is just my married name…so both eg still show Smith but nhs app Allen- Smith.. My daughter seems to think it’s fine as if I change my name the three injections won’t show as it’s on my double barrel name. What are your thoughts.
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
excited4florida
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm in similar position. Passport in maiden name,NHS app in married name.
I think if you change name with go it updates on you app/ vaccinations.
Alternatively you could just take drivers license or marriage certificate?
X
excited4florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Can’t drive so I have ordered a copy of my marriage certificate. I hope that’s ok.
Old 21 Jan 22, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Flodis21
Getting to know the DIBB

If you change name at Gp vaccine app updates automatically. I had to do this. Works in Scotland in any case. Easier than worrying about it.
Flodis21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You should be ok, as long as you bring your marriage certificate and that shows the link between your married name and your other name. Also get a paper copy of your NHS covid passport (vaccination status proof) just in case. They will ask see the app on the phone, but worth having just in case. You can request it free from the NHS website.

However, the name being different on your passport and the NHS app likely means you can’t check in online and need to do so at the airport, because I’m pretty sure the online systems need all the names matching up.

DW’s surname was in her maiden name at her doctor’s and travelling before Christmas (though not to the US) meant her NHS app didn’t have a valid international travel covid passport as she couldn’t link the app fully because all her ID (passport, driver’s license, etc) is in her married name (as are all accounts, bills, etc). It did cause a couple of extra questions by the immigration officer on arrival but it was fine - the departure from LHR was fine, airline accepted it no problem..

This was not with BA or VA but I’ve read they accept marriage certificates in this situation too, but you should contact your airline and ask to be certain.

(DW changed her name at her doctor’s name married name the other day and we are waiting for the NHS systems to update and link up properly.)
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I just went to the Drs and filled a form to get rid of one of my surnames. I just think it might be easier just in case of any problems. How long will the name change show on my app or do I have to do the app again, with my correct details. Thanks for any help, I’m not tech savvy at all.
Old 21 Jan 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

This is for the nhs app which shows your Pzifer injections etc.
Old 21 Jan 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Thrillington
Getting to know the DIBB

My wife had to update her name (twice!) this week. It took just under 48 hours to update each time. (Updated at GP 10am, Pass updated 8pm next day)

Why twice? The GP receptionist decided to replace her first name with my surname, not her maiden name! Cue her panicking about it not being fixed in time for Monday's flight. Thankfully all sorted now!
Thrillington is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

My GP admin team have said the name can't be changed. I have asked again.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

I just called BA and got though in 10mins (amazing !) they said just take marriage certificate for check in.

I am sure someone on another thread said the covid pass doesn't;t get checked once in USA?
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List