Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jan 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Last Trip before Lockdown Mar 20 Day 2. We wanna see ya in Ikea. Hemnes, Hilfiger & Houligans

Yesterday is HERE

Ok - its been a while Things have been "complicated" - lol isn't that just such an understatement. Sorry for the huge gap since the last post. It will become clear why

Here I am again with the our somewhat odd trippy.

Thursday 5th March

We were awake again around 5am and sat watching tv for a while.

Andy had the leftover pizza and I had the cheesecake from last night. Totally acceptable as “pre breakfast”

The weather forecast for today (and most of the week) wasn’t brilliant and there was talk of a Tornado warning coming into effect later that afternoon around Jacksonville - which was where we were headed to.

And why Jacksonville?

Well, it’s the nearest IKEA. I still reckon this must be a first for a Dibb holiday destination

It was noticeably busier as we left the resort - quite a few bikers had arrived ready for the start of Bike Week down at Daytona.

Before leaving we had to negotiate with this buzzard

to get into the recycling area - anyway ,he wasn’t budging and I stayed in the car - such a wimp.

We also drove past the marina

Sunny but cold !

We left around 0830 and less than an hour later arrived at Ikea in Jacksonville

It had been a really quick straight run on the I95.
Have you ever seen an Ikea car park this empty …?

We were pretty much the only people there and had a great time looking at the room sets ups - today we mainly wanted an idea of furniture costs.

The display rooms were lovely and I have tons of pics of bits of furniture.

These are just a few of the ones I real liked.

Insta peeps will know I do have a thing for funky kitchen taps.

It was great getting an idea of the prices and looking back pretty much all the pieces I took pics of are the same range - we must be drawn to it as we have some at home. Looks like we could be the house of Hemnes

I am not sure what was happening here

We headed off to the empty restaurant for Breakfast

Good to see some things don’t change

The lady serving was completely bewildered by why I was taking food pics

We had a small and medium breakfast .. the medium comes with a lingonberry crepe

Andy had his UK Ikea card .. so our coffees were free

We were back on the road to Palm coast just after 11

- the sun was out now and we stopped at the outlets at St Augustine.

These were so quiet that they made Ellenton look positively heaving.

Shoppers - look away now if the sight of outlet haul may upset you

Ralph and Tommy did not disappoint

We all know its not an actual trip unless trainers are purchased

The email discount codes were great and that black top has a seam that needed stitching so they took an extra discount off.

Was pretty pleased with that lot and the coat went straight into use on the commute when I got back .. not for long though

There was some torrential rain just after we arrived and then the sun came out so we were hopeful the weather might stay nice.

We popped across the road to the other outlets which were even more empty

- they reminded me of the mall that used to be near the I Drive Outlets (it became Artegon ? ), we were one of maybe a handful of people in there.

Andy spent quite a lot of time in the flooring shop - we were trying to work out whether it would be cheaper / better to have the flooring done as part of the build or stick with the carpet and put flooring in ourselves later. It was too much for my brain - salted caramel bites were required

I did locate this store

3.30ish we were back on the road to Palm Coast and arriving at Houligans around 4 - which was very busy so taking pics a bit tricky. This was the only empty section in the place.

It was definitely Mule time

We shared a munchie basket

We didn’t need dinner in the end.. this was more filling than we expected My only criticism would be there was twice as much onion as everything else and I am not a massive fried onion fan

Pedant Alert ! on that receipt, I am not sure if I am more frustrated by the term St Patty's Day or the spelling of Shepherd.

This was handily right next to Home Depot and even tho we were flagging it was good opportunity to look at other things like the appliances, lights and fans etc - the builder offered lots of these in their extras and it was more of our decisions about what to include now and have pre fitted and what we would sort out ourselves.

Top loader or front loader?

Blinds or shutters?

So many lights

quite like these for over the island

So many fans

We also picked up some of this

- it had been recommended as really good against Corona and made your hands super soft - appaz it was becoming harder to get hold of so e though it would be a really good idea.

We had been struck that the talk of Corona was not so prevalent here - and yet the cleaning aisles were definitely empty ( this was Walmart)

The sky had turned really stormy when we came out

and we weren’t feeling like a trip to a beach bar was going to be a great ide - we headed over to Walmart to pick up some drinks and snacks - and of course to look at the appliances there …

Not sure that tv is big enough

Least exciting holiday shopping ever right

Why don't we have this ?

We were back at the resort by 6.30 - both flagging massively - we sat out on the balcony for a while

going back over all the paperwork and looking at the costs of all the things we had seen today.

Around 8 the storm arrived and we could see the most amazing lightning in the distance. It got closer around 9 and the thunder was right overhead as well so we moved indoors. Storm watching is so much more satisfying there than here!

We sat and watched the news - we were again struck that the corona coverage back home was significantly different to here. There was a definite sense that things were far more “normal” here.

Big day tomorrow - final choices and signing the contract ..

Edited at 07:52 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Hi Amanda
Hope you are all keeping well. So nice to read about everything coming together nicely. I am sure it must be ready to move into now... x

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Glad to see this up and looking forward to reading more about it. Thank you
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Lots fitted into today and some great bargains at the outlets!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hurray! Another day. So many decisions to make, it must have been very tiring but Glad to see you still managed to find time for Cocktails & Shopping. 😉
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Ah the IKEA Dibb debut! I wish we got a crepe with breakfast at our local one.

Love a shopping haul - it’s been so long😢 The coat was a good bargain. I’d have chosen the caramel bites over the flooring choice too! Bath and Body Works - how I’ve missed the sight of this - Ive just used my last shower gel and hand soap 😢

Looks like a productive day especially with the shopping and cocktails.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ooh I love IKEA and looks just as interesting there.

Oh how nice to see Bath n body works stuff too.

Thanks for posting despite whatever else you have going on in these strange days. Looking forward to more x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great to see your update Amanda, and I hope you are doing ok xxx
Old 5 Feb 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This has made me sad and happy all in one go Amanda!
Sad because I have missed US outlet shopping and happy to see your lovely bargains, really miss Tommy Hilfiger

Loving your uk kitchen makeover on Instagram too , your tap choice is A1 👍🏻

Keep the days coming
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Hi Amanda
Hope you are all keeping well. So nice to read about everything coming together nicely. I am sure it must be ready to move into now... x
Hello 👋
I’m recovering from shingles and feeling VERY sorry for myself 😢
Hoping to get the next day on soon. Hope all good with you x

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Glad to see this up and looking forward to reading more about it. Thank you
Thank you 👍

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Lots fitted into today and some great bargains at the outlets!
I miss the outlet shopping. I would have bought more but we did that “ we will be back before Xmas” thing ... and of course we weren’t back at all 🙁

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Hurray! Another day. So many decisions to make, it must have been very tiring but Glad to see you still managed to find time for Cocktails & Shopping. 😉
Ha ha. Always time for a good Mule 🍸 Very refreshing it was too.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Ah the IKEA Dibb debut! I wish we got a crepe with breakfast at our local one.

Love a shopping haul - it’s been so long😢 The coat was a good bargain. I’d have chosen the caramel bites over the flooring choice too! Bath and Body Works - how I’ve missed the sight of this - Ive just used my last shower gel and hand soap 😢

Looks like a productive day especially with the shopping and cocktails.
I just looked back at those brekky pics. It looks a bit unappealing - it definitely tasted better than it looked.
That coat was a fantastic buy. They had it in blue was well but I fancied the full Gallagher look 😂
There is a B&BW less than 10 mins from our lot at the little local shopping mall 😁

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Ooh I love IKEA and looks just as interesting there.

Oh how nice to see Bath n body works stuff too.

Thanks for posting despite whatever else you have going on in these strange days. Looking forward to more x
Ooh that IKEA had some lovely stuff. The home furnishings were gorgeous.
We are busy with a kitchen renovation . I might do a before and after thread. It’s been a huge change ... and far more disruptive than I realised😳

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Great to see your update Amanda, and I hope you are doing ok xxx
Hello. I’m so so - this shingles lark has been wicked painful 😖
I’m missing NOLA. The court of two sisters has stopped the jazz brunch buffet and it’s a plated service now. All change ...
Hope all ok with you

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
This has made me sad and happy all in one go Amanda!
Sad because I have missed US outlet shopping and happy to see your lovely bargains, really miss Tommy Hilfiger

Loving your uk kitchen makeover on Instagram too , your tap choice is A1 👍🏻

Keep the days coming
Ah thank you. That tap is pretty groovy isn’t it 😂
The kitchen is coming on really well now. Just all the dust - it’s everywhere.

All the stuff we didn’t buy thinking we would be back to do an Xmas shop ... 😭
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List