Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 18 Nov 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Kennedy Space Center - with kids

Didn't want to gatecrash the other thread re KSC.

DS likes all things space, but is it suitable for 4/5 year old?

We will have 4/5 days at Universal, 9/10 days at Disney and 1 day in SW.

Thinking the above may be plenty without travelling over to KSC, however, wondering if this is something that is worth going to with a child of that age (will have another but just 9 months old).

Thanks in advance.
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Unlikely to be as fun for them as a theme park, unless they’re already into rockets and the like, in which case they’ll love it.

I wouldn’t want to talk anyone out of what is a fantastic place to visit, but maybe take that day as a rest/pool day and chill, and pencil it in for a future visit.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thank you Bozza...

Yes, thinking maybe best for another time when both DS are a little older and can appreciate it a little more.

However, DS (now 4.5) did really enjoy the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York 2 years ago. So expect he would really enjoy KSC, but agree that maybe with a lot of park days already this could be better used at a pool or waterpark.

Unless we can tie it in with a beach visit too? Not sure how long you would need at KSC...

Last time... well only time I went was when I was 10...
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I wouldn't want to talk anyone out of going because it IS fantastic.

Like you, I first went with my parents - although I was a bit older at 15/16. It was great to take my own children there and it was quite nostalgic seeing some of the things that haven't changed, such as the mammoth rocket assembly building.

I always advise those making a first visit to allow all day, as there's just so much to see, but with a youngster that might not be practical.

Pairing up with a beach is a great choice, and there's plenty of good options down that stretch of the coast. We like nearby Cocoa Beach - lovely and sandy, nice for a paddle and Rikki Tiki Tavern, on the pier - cocoabeachpier/dinin...i-tiki-tavern/ - is a great spot to grab a drink and/or a bite to eat and watch the world float by!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

If he loves space then yes! It’s nice to have a day away from the parks where they can just run around and have a slower pace.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DD was 6 and really into s pace at the time we first went. She loved it but said a few years later that she hadn’t realised it really was where the rockets went from but thought it was a pretend space theme park
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
worth doing and having an after noon on cocoa beach, or try the police hall of fame museum, very interactive.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List