Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 22 Nov 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Crowd calendars & planning

I am wondering about park days and crowd calendars.
I love touring plans and the dibbs crowd calendars. With all the changes made, extra hours at all parks, evening hours vert limited etc will there actually be better or worse days to go to a park ?
We are going in August, I remember the needing to plan around MNSSHP past trip but it looks like ticketed events happen after park close now instead of forcing an early closure.

I love the extra planning that's needed by obsessing and cross referencing crowd calendars but I am not sure if a Tuesday is much like a Wednesday now 😃
I would like to plan, don't want to be hitting a red 8 park when I could have went the day before when it was a green 4 😂

What are we (collectively the dibb super planners) doing ?

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Even when the crowds were more heavily swung by EMH, there wasn't generally huge shifts from one day to the next unless it was the day before/after a holiday weekend. Typically it was only 1 or 2 points difference. One exception was MK during the holiday parties as everyone crowded into them on the full days but that should be a non-issue now that they're after hours events.

I'm finding the crowd calendars are still skewed by the old EMH data. As an example, they're still putting AK higher on Monday as it was the old EMH morning. Will take a while for new data to filter through. So I'm ignoring it for the most part and just booking the days that fit in my schedule.

The one rule I don't ignore though is avoiding Epcot Fri/Sat nights, as I really dislike the drinking around the world crowds.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'll be honest, we tend to plan park days quite extensively, but in somewhere between 30 and 40 visits, I've never consulted a crowd calendar.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Thankyou. I thought I may have been missing something.
I think I'll look at our plan again as my original planning was around the calenders and it seems pointless.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I’m wondering the same as I’m also thinking data could be skewed from last year?

There’s a couple of ‘peak’ days on calendars showing in our plan but we can’t work out why as events should have finished by the weekend but they run into Mon, Tue and Wed.

Perhaps I should go off-plan!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Yeah. I was looking and some random weekday is an 8 when everything else around that date is a 4 or 5. Makes no sense.

I think I'm going just fly by the seat of my pants 😂

Old 22 Nov 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Yeah. I was looking and some random weekday is an 8 when everything else around that date is a 4 or 5. Makes no sense.

I think I'm going just fly by the seat of my pants 😂
If it's MK, it's probably data still skewed by the Halloween parties (as mentioned above) where there would be larger spikes in the crowds on non-party days since the park didn't close early.

I can see one random Epcot day for next August that's high for no reason. Without digging into it, most likely it was the first day of food and wine in a previous year. Which is a prime example of historical data not always being the best way to predict future data.

Edited at 04:41 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I need to replan our trips. Weekends are always going to be busier but I’ve heard to definitely avoid water parks and Epcot. Are Sundays better at Epcot if I had to choose? Again travelling in August.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

There is a noticeable drop off of crowds at the end of August. We have stayed into the first week in September and had walk on to some main rides. Schools go back earlier in Florida so we have usually had lower crowds during the week in the second half of school hols. We have used the crowd calendars but so are many others, we have tried arriving later at Animal Kingdom and staying until close & that can be successful. Have also tried the rides in Epcot late in the day and that can work in your favour, but keep an eye on closure times as they shut some of the attractions before the fireworks if it isn't a late hours day.

Edited at 12:38 AM.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List