Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Oct 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Lovely meals around I Drive

Hi all

We never usually stay on I Drive but we are this time and I’ve never had to consider eating options!

Outside of the usual chains (Denny’s, Chillis, Olive Garden etc) which I’m well acquainted with I’m looking for some options which may still be a chain but aren’t the obvious ones? A little more upscale for dinner.

We will be going to Keke’s for breakfast and possibly HHAGG so I’m looking for dinner options. We only have four nights so I want to choose carefully!

I think Seasons 52 as we like it there. Roy’s would have been a definite but I think it has gone but there are lots of options on Sand Lake/Dr Phillips I guess.

I normally default to Longhorn for steak but have had a great experience at a Ruth’s Chris and there is one near our hotel. There or somewhere different….?

Tell me about your favourite dinners on I Drive please!
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Cooper's Hawk Winery is very good and is a little more upscale but at very reasonable prices.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Maggianos Little Italy was pretty decent last time I went.
Yard House.
Capital Grill.

Latter 2 are part of same group that own Bahama Breeze and Seasons so you can’t go wrong.
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Cooper's Hawk Winery is very good and is a little more upscale but at very reasonable prices.
That looks exactly the sort of place I’m after - fantastic menu! Surprisingly low prices, and five minutes from our hotel.

That one is definitely on the list. Did you review this one? Something is twanging in my head to say you did

Thank you
Old 28 Oct 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you like tapas then Cafe Tu Tu Tango
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm sure Gordon Ramsey has just opened up on idrive? And check out yardhouse for tacos 😊😊

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Maggianos Little Italy was pretty decent last time I went.
Yard House.
Capital Grill.

Latter 2 are part of same group that own Bahama Breeze and Seasons so you can’t go wrong.
There is a Yard House on I Drive? This is excellent news!

I think we went to a Maggianos on the 192 for a big family meal once (it was a kind of wake for my Great Uncle who moved to FL in the 50s). I remember my step mum ordering a ridiculous amount of wine and thus a horrific bill but the food being excellent.

I had a quick look at Capital Grill and the menu looks fab but a definite price point or three up

Thanks YT
Old 28 Oct 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Really depends on your budget and to what degree food or vibe are your main drivers. Hash House a Go Go, renowned for massive portions offers a cool vibe and great value. Carrabba's offers great ambiance and value for Italian. Cafe Tu Tu Tango is a destination in its own right offering sharables and filled with local art and artists doing their stuff on site. Millers Ale House kills it on every level. Rocco's Tacos on Sand Lake just west of I-Drive is immensely popular. None of these will be hard on your budget but will be very good on your tummy and your senses.
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The Yardhouse is excellent, albeit I have only been in the one in Naples FL.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
If you like tapas then Cafe Tu Tu Tango
I do! Thank you

Originally Posted by Rozzyb2011 View Post
I'm sure Gordon Ramsey has just opened up on idrive? And check out yardhouse for tacos 😊😊
I will check Gordon out, thanks! And totally agree on those tacos