Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Jan 22, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
Where did you rent them, I have rented all of ours via David’s , we had a lot , was so easy , started by emailing them on Tuesday and all gone
This time I’ve also ended up renting through David’s - a lot less money for them but I found Facebook too stressful - particularly at the moment with so little availability 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
hscx3boys
VIP Dibber

I understand they didn’t have to extend them, just wish I had been told at the start when they told me they would be moved to February2022 that I only had a few months not a whole year. As I said they moved transferred points for me but they had a June use year, sure enough they moved into 2021 as explained and do not expire until May 31st 2022, a whole year. I have now rented those points out.
If I had known the Feb points would only be extended for such a short time when they told me this was what they were going to do I would have rented them out sooner. Now I am concerned about availability. If everyone in Europe is getting points extended and they all run out at the same time it will be impossible to rent them as there will be no availability.
hscx3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hscx3boys View Post
I understand they didn’t have to extend them, just wish I had been told at the start when they told me they would be moved to February2022 that I only had a few months not a whole year. As I said they moved transferred points for me but they had a June use year, sure enough they moved into 2021 as explained and do not expire until May 31st 2022, a whole year. I have now rented those points out.
If I had known the Feb points would only be extended for such a short time when they told me this was what they were going to do I would have rented them out sooner. Now I am concerned about availability. If everyone in Europe is getting points extended and they all run out at the same time it will be impossible to rent them as there will be no availability.
That’s fortunate about the transferred points - I had June UY transferred in points and they just allowed me to bank them in the normal way rather than extending them.

Sadly I think this pandemic will have meant many international DVC owners will of lost out on more than just their trips. I’ve managed to rent out three out of four reservations I’ve made for April/May, even if I manage to sell all four I will of lost money as I rented via David’s and their rates are poor, but the stress of not selling them or the time involved to try to rent them elsewhere for a higher price wasn’t worth it.

I don’t think there are many winners here, but I think DVC have been better than other timeshare companies would of been under the circumstances 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
That’s fortunate about the transferred points - I had June UY transferred in points and they just allowed me to bank them in the normal way rather than extending them.

Sadly I think this pandemic will have meant many international DVC owners will of lost out on more than just their trips. I’ve managed to rent out three out of four reservations I’ve made for April/May, even if I manage to sell all four I will of lost money as I rented via David’s and their rates are poor, but the stress of not selling them or the time involved to try to rent them elsewhere for a higher price wasn’t worth it.

I don’t think there are many winners here, but I think DVC have been better than other timeshare companies would of been under the circumstances 👍
Agree, having never rented out before I was so anxious to the point I sat for a while and did nothing

We had 1070 points to rent so would have been dealing with a lot of renters , took the bullet and emailed David’s last Tuesday , 4 renters / bookings and all but 60 have gone and felt it stress free

We also have timeshare here in the uk , we didn’t get anything back and we lost 2 weeks in April each time so we lost 2021 and 2022 and we got nothing so for us DVC have gave us something back

Renting the DVC points will pay for our DVC dues and uk maintenance fees

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List