Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Dec 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

It was good of you to write such an illuminating report of your trip home. Something not to be forgotten especially as you should get your flights etc refunded.
With regards to West Ham my friend up here in Fife is an avid supporter and went down to watch the reserves in the Europa League that's dedication from you. My brother in law used to support them years ago but as they do win anything now supports ≈≈≈≈ n all 😉. Personally I have always supported Charlton Athletic.
Old 12 Dec 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I know the pilot tried to dumb down things as if it was out their control, but it was still BA’s ground crew to blame. The Virgin flight for a similar time left 40m late max…so you can’t honestly convince me the TSA was to blame.

I read on Twitter the queue for check in for Ba was 2 hours, which would account for why some passengers were late getting to us, so BA 100% were to blame.
Apparently the MCO ground crew has been outsourced and BA aren't happy with the new provider. Overheard that from a pilot chatting while we were waiting to board last week. We were only delayed about 40 minutes though, which was made back in the air.

But wow, what a different experience. No big issues on the BA LGW-MCO route in either direction. Although I flew back last week, so I just checked and MCO-LGW had a similar delay yesterday. Must have had some serious issues with the ground crew. The rest of the week has been delayed on both routes (about the same amount as Virgin - haven't seen anything push back on time yet) but nothing to the level of yesterday.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Grant41
Gone all Goofy

A joy to read, sorry to hear your journeys were so sour but hoping as you said, you get the compensation to cover them
Grant41 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Got PCR results back last night from Randox, all negative so no isolation required 👍
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

My personal observation is across all the parks when I had issues with families/groups (namely pushing in, talking over pre shows in a prickish manner, bumping into you, not moving in the queue..) was ALWAYS Latin Americans. A complete disregard for anyone else but themselves. Build the wall 10 feet higher. I’m not racist though as one of my best mates is Colombian and he concurs with my assessment, and has organised a mini sub trip for me to visit the US very soon, which is nice of him. (Seriously though, nothing against Latin Americans..just a generalisation from the encounters..)

Just because you're friends with a Colombian, doesn't mean your statements aren't racist. How do you know those people weren't born in the US? What about the Latin Americans that don't push in or talk over the pre-shows?

I'm sorry you had some negative experiences, but there's no need to bring peoples race into the discussion.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
The fact that people were 3 hours late boarding would not have been allowed unless the fault was with the airline. The tried to say they were missing but a flight would not wait that long...it would leave without them. Our air stewardess was giving nothing away as we said this would cost BA a fortune in compensation.
I checked rake off time and they have put the time we moved off the stand, we sat for at least an hour waiting for the info on luggage numbers!
Our steward was a spitting image of Marigold from In Sickness and in Health and was equally as sarcastic. Bloke needed a smack. When I asked for a Diet Coke his reaction was like I was asking for the world. One of my mates is an executive first officer for Ryan air and even he can’t believe how shoddy BA are.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Update: I’ve had a response from BA for my first claim for the flight on the 27th. I’ll be entitled to €450 for each passenger, so €900 in total. Presumably this will be a mirror claim for the second journey so in reality that’s about £1500 back which isn’t too bad
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Update: I’ve had a response from BA for my first claim for the flight on the 27th. I’ll be entitled to €450 for each passenger, so €900 in total. Presumably this will be a mirror claim for the second journey so in reality that’s about £1500 back which isn’t too bad
I've heard nothing from either claim yet 😪
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I've heard nothing from either claim yet 😪
Having whittled it down further, you will have a choice.

450 Euro PP as an e-voucher OR its 300 Euro in cash. I've opted for cash because i can't see myself wanting to book with BA anytime soon.

I submitted my first claim about an hour after landing on the 27th, so only hearing back this morning you can use that as a rough guide to when you applied. If you did it in the first day or so I imagine you may hear back by Tomorrow or Thursday
Old 14 Dec 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Having whittled it down further, you will have a choice.

450 Euro PP as an e-voucher OR its 300 Euro in cash. I've opted for cash because i can't see myself wanting to book with BA anytime soon.

I submitted my first claim about an hour after landing on the 27th, so only hearing back this morning you can use that as a rough guide to when you applied. If you did it in the first day or so I imagine you may hear back by Tomorrow or Thursday
I did it the next morning. Thanks for updates.