Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 23 Dec 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

So... what's your menu?

Im so interested to hear what everyone will be serving for their Christmas dinner, and what time they will be eating too!

I'll start

I keep it really simple, as none of us are big eaters... more grazers!

For breakfast, its each to their own in our house so just grab what you want.

For starters, its proscuitto and melon OR salmon and homemade bread to start, then dinner is roast turkey, baked gammon, roasted sprouts, honey glazed parsnips, maple glazed carrots, tender stem broccoli, peas, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade stuffing and gravy.

Dessert is a store bought chocolate fudge cake from sainsburys, followed by a leisurely cheese board with stilton, comte, brie and roquefort, with port if there is a call for it.

We will probably sit down around 6 or 7, and stand up again (if we can!) at around 10 or 11.
Old 23 Dec 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

We always eat at 2- nine of use this year.

Pate to start - including a vegan one I made to day for two of the family.
Then, turkey, nut loaf, pigs in blankets, roast spuds (a la semolina like Nigella), roast honey parsnips, carrots, peas, broccoli au gratin, cranberry stuffing, gravy x 2, bread sauce and cranberry sauce
Followed by xmas pudding, mince tart, and, if I can be bothered a Sussex lemon pond pudding for my brother.
I've got a cheese board, but that will probably come out in the evening with some bits and bobs to top everyone up if they need it!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Individual breakfast usually, we stopped the massive one years back as we had no room for dinner!
3 of us a bit disorganised this year as myself & DW should just be coming back from visiting DS (Netherlands) but this was cancelled on us, so we should have been in isolation until Boxing day! So MIL can now come so as follows:
Eat at 3:00, this is sort of a tradition as that's when the pubs would close & myself & my sisters would always go for a drink with our Grandad on Xmas day.
Starter - Anti-pasti - can't get my hands on fresh figs at the minute
Main- Turkey Breast, Roast beef, mashed taters, roast taters, parsnips, carrots, mixed greens, pigs in blankets, sausagemeat stuffing plus condiments
Dessert- Nigellas Holiday Hotcake - for those that have never tried or done it, easiest & tastiest pud ever! Good Vanilla ice cream.

Cheeseboard to graze on for the rest of the day.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Breakfast is bacon buttys, yogurt abd granola, fruit.
We only eat Christmas dinner early evening and will have prosciutto and melon/pâté and Melba toast/chilli king prawns.
Then it’s roast turkey and gammon, roast potatoes, honey roast carrots and parsnips, sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts, stuffing, pigs in blankets, bread sauce, gravy etc.
Then Christmas pud with brandy sauce, salted caramel melt in the middle pud and cheese and biscuits.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great thread

Breakfast about 09:00: Bacon and sausage sarnies.

Christmas dinner at 15:00. This year to include…

Lamb, turkey, mash potatoes, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, peas, turnip, Yorkshire puds and the dreaded sprouts. Not forgetting apple sauce, mint sauce and cranberry sauce.

Pudding at 16:30 to include…

Homemade apple pie with lattice topping, chocolate cake for the kids, vanilla custard, ice cream.

Cheese board about an hour later when we’re all lounging on the sofa with the top buttons of our trousers open.

Edit: forgot pigs in blankets. Don’t know how I did this I’ve got 48 to cook tomorrow

Edited at 05:19 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Gosh, these menus all seem amazing! I forgot to add pigs in blankets, too!

Ive spent the day preparing for tomorrow, and wrapping some last minute gifts, so all set to go, and sitting down with a G&T right now... just chilling out