Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Dec 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile DVC pricing

I had a look at the dvc website earlier, I find it confusing! I was looking because Adam Hattan was saying in his new vlog that he's now a dvc member and his home resort is Riviera. How much would that cost per month? I'm just being nosey really, but should we win the lottery I might just need this information! 🤣
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We bought BLT back in 2010, only 100 points. It cost us $12,000 (we had a loan for a few years cost about £100 per month, until we paid it off).

Our dues are about £500 per year, and we can basically get a studio for 1 week a year.

Hope that helps
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

The price of Rivera is $201 a point at the moment, with a minimum buy-in of 100 points.

Financing through Disney is very expensive (10 to 18% APR), much better off funding from a loan here or even better via cash.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
If you like spreadsheets then I found this vlog really good for explaining costs and options. Gets into the nitty gritty In a way that made sense to me but may be a bit geeky😁

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Realistically, with current restrictions on how you use your points, I'd say you would be looking at £30k to buy enough for 2 weeks every year & about £1k in dues annually BUT personally I wouldn't touch Riveria because of the rules if you decide to sell.
Now if we are dreaming of lottery wins then I'd be in the cabins at Copper Creek or the lagoon bungalows at the Poly!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Riviera in current climate with the resale restrictions and a poor exchange rate wouldn’t be appealing to me. To be fair dvc overall doesn’t look very appealing right now!
However the world would be very boring if we all bought the same things.
Old 27 Dec 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Its all probably quite simple, but my brain just doesn't seem to take any of it in! 🤣
I cant imagine doing anything like that, especially not at the moment
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Its all probably quite simple, but my brain just doesn't seem to take any of it in! 🤣
I cant imagine doing anything like that, especially not at the moment
It is quite simple, you buy points at your chosen resort - the cost per point varies as does the amount of years remaining.

If the cost per point is $200 you multiply that by the number of points to get your cost to buy in (plus closing costs which is a few hundred dollars).

You then pay annual dues for each year - again this varies by resort.

You then book resorts with your points, you can book your home resort 11 months in advance or others at 7 months.

There are some extra complications such as use year and if you buy resale there might be restrictions on where your points can be used (Riviera is one as mentioned by others).
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List