Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 3 Jan 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Made my start, walked to the local farm shop and bought veg, meat and few other bits. They have a map on the wall showing where everything was from so I knew it was local.
Cancelled my Ocado delivery for this week - I like a challenge
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
I don’t feel like I’ve deprived myself at all since going vegan, there are lots of great alternatives that mean I can eat many of the same meals I did before.

I’d rather not support animal cruelty just for 5 minutes of taste pleasure.
Wrong thread I assume. And if not please don’t try to push your beliefs on others
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Wrong thread I assume. And if not please don’t try to push your beliefs on others
I will when people stop pushing their beliefs on animals that don’t want to suffer and don’t have a voice.

Either way, I’m going to let this thread get back on to topic now and leave it be.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
I will when people stop pushing their beliefs on animals that don’t want to suffer and don’t have a voice.

Either way, I’m going to let this thread get back on to topic now and leave it be.
Your point was irrelevant in the first place, it’s a post about shopping local and supporting local businesses
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Your point was irrelevant in the first place, it’s a post about shopping local and supporting local businesses
Exactly, I don’t get why DisneyDante came on here specifically to lecture people about being vegan when it is a thread about buying and supporting local, but they have not lectured posters on their own veganuary thread when talking about ‘only’ doing vegetarian or pescatarian.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

But yet you are looking forward to trying the McPlant
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Made my start, walked to the local farm shop and bought veg, meat and few other bits. They have a map on the wall showing where everything was from so I knew it was local.
Cancelled my Ocado delivery for this week - I like a challenge
I was really amazed at the amount of wide and varied products that my local farm shop had from their own farm and from the surrounding areas and producers, every week they spotlight a local provider and their products, often having tasting sessions. It’s a great way to try stuff and get to know local businesses.
Old 3 Jan 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I was really amazed at the amount of wide and varied products that my local farm shop had from their own farm and from the surrounding areas and producers, every week they spotlight a local provider and their products, often having tasting sessions. It’s a great way to try stuff and get to know local businesses.
One of the things we loved about visiting France and Spain were the quality of the local markets.

Local produce that hasn't been messed with, taking your own bag to take the stuff home, in season produce just tastes so much better..
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
Eye opening isn’t it! And veg tastes like it did when I was a kid.
Just been lazy relying on supermarkets- I have the time and loads of resources locally
Old 3 Jan 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We have decided to visit independent restaurants/ cafes instead of going to the same old chains.
Looking forward to finding a few new favourites.
We have been doing this for ages and thoroughly recommend it. We have found some real gems on both our travels and in our locality. Hardly ever go into a chain now.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List