Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MKdisneynut
Sipping a Cold One

I guess like other posters, this will be a bit of an interesting year. We are booked for an 18 night split stay at Copper Creek Cabins and BWV so I know I will enjoy the accommodations 😀
Whether we enjoy the park experience is very much up for debate. We have Disney tickets sorted but the whole pre booking park days, to Genie or not, mobile order and overall park experience will be informative.
Like others, will this either break our love of the Disney parks or not. Our DVC love is secure but will Disney lose us for everything else?
91- Days Inn Lakeside, 93- Sheraton Lakeside, 96- Hyatt Orlando, 99- Wilderness Lodge, 2000- OKW (May) & OKW (August), 2001- BWV, 2003- OKW & Disney Magic(Eastern), 2004- California & Disneyland, 2005- OKW & Gulf Coast, 2006- OKW, 2007- SSR, 2008- Disney Magic(Mexican Riviera), 2010- SSR, 2011- Disney Magic(Med), 2013- OKW, 2014- Disney Magic(Med), 2016- OKW & BWV, 2017- SSR & BCV, 2018- OKW, 2019- Disney Fantasy (Eastern) & BWV, 2022- CCC & BWV, 2023 - OKW & VB
MKdisneynut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
2022 will be make or break for us as we check out how the Parks are doing. My Wife thinks everything will be ok, I don't.

If it becomes untenable we are holding all the aces and will decide what to do regarding lengths of stay, number of visits per annum and type of rooms.

We may end up dropping to 2 Vacations but in a 1 Bed as opposed to Studios. Time will tell.

However I have dug my heels in and will not be paying for any type of Genie thingy.
Hopefully it will be better for you Tom. I think our park attendance time and pattern (Xmas, rope drop and leave early afternoon, we have no interest in trudging around packed parks for 8 hours plus) is the ‘perfect storm’ for the changes. Genie+ is as good as useless for this pattern, extra morning hours is now absolutely packed because before, many couldn’t be bothered, because they had Fastpass for Mine Train etc, now they are all going to get on the paid rides free.
To be honest I now feel an awful lot of dislike for Mr Chapek as he has ruined, for us, what was a great experience and still relaxing even in the busiest of times.
But many people, going quieter times, or happy to stay in the parks and ‘stack’ rides etc may not dislike much of it as much as we did. However, I heard an unprecedented number of disgruntled people, and have seen the same online.
When Universal open the massive Epic Universe, Disney could have a real problem.
Resorts seemed pretty unaffected by the mess though, and we still love the DVC resorts.

Edited at 10:27 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
With our trip in November it was very different. I'll be honest and say my sister was keen to get as much done in the parks as she could as they probably won't be able to go back and I ended up staying longer than I would have done solo. The queues for Starbucks were insane at times but Genie + really worked for me with stacking and the LL. YT - will you need to add on more points to do your 1 month condo plan in winter? I've looked at HH and VB and thought it may be nice to stay in those locations as well so interested in your take on those when you stay there.
Yes I can see how it was much better for you as you are staying in the parks later than we do so can do this stacking, and also travelled in a much quieter time, excessive crowds multiplies the weaknesses in the new system.

As to points, we should be OK. I have just under 400, which will get us about 3.5 weeks in a studio at SSR in, say, Feb.

Hilton Head is sublime, I mean the place, I stayed opposite the DVC in Palmetto Dunes when I went. I didn’t even know what DVC was then, saw there was a Disney hotel and it set me off looking at DVC. This was 12 years ago. So I am eager to get back which may be 2023 although we want to go to Montana etc after watching ‘Yellowstone’. Vero I will be booking for Xmas 2022. Grand Cali I have a one bed booked for August, for a week, but it’s a massive 388 points so I’m dropping 3 nights.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

We stacked rides but that just meant we would go first thing and then leave and come back later to do the stacked rides.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes I can see how it was much better for you as you are staying in the parks later than we do so can do this stacking, and also travelled in a much quieter time, excessive crowds multiplies the weaknesses in the new system.

As to points, we should be OK. I have just under 400, which will get us about 3.5 weeks in a studio at SSR in, say, Feb.
3.5 weeks in Feb would be nice. I've got half that. not sure what I'm going to do going forward as to longer stays with having a dog now. I am looking to try one of the none park stays - maybe next year as I have my annual pass for this year and the ticket prices are ridiculous.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We stacked rides but that just meant we would go first thing and then leave and come back later to do the stacked rides.
Yeah, we don’t like going back. Did it at HWS, In fact it’s was the only way I got on TOT this year, but generally we had a lot more ADRs than usual etc so don’t go back. Our favourite thing is now Disney Springs if at Saratoga, the restaurants there are genuinely, even by non Disney standards, very good and not too bad with the DVC discount.

Edited at 10:42 PM.
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

3.5 weeks in Feb would be nice. I've got half that. not sure what I'm going to do going forward as to longer stays with having a dog now. I am looking to try one of the none park stays - maybe next year as I have my annual pass for this year and the ticket prices are ridiculous.
Yes we are booking 4 nights Universal at Xmas 2022 also. May convert the ticket to annual pass, and go back summer 2023 if we do Hilton Head then, and book SSR to stay in. We will see. I’m done with Disney Parks unfortunately at the moment, until they hopefully get rid of Chapek and things change, but I’m not hopeful.

Just been pricing up Portofino Club level tonight, can get 4 nights in December for 4 people for £1200 which isn’t too bad for Club level, but that’s with BA as a package and their flights are very expensive at the moment as no one else has released theirs so will wait.

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Yes we are booking 4 nights Universal at Xmas 2022 also. May convert the ticket to annual pass, and go back summer 2023 if we do Hilton Head then, and book SSR to stay in. We will see. I’m done with Disney Parks unfortunately at the moment, until they hopefully get rid of Chapek and things change, but I’m not hopeful.
Chapek has really screwed people who loved Disney - wonder how long he'll stay in position. I do like a wander round DS and love SSR itself. Thing is Universal isn't the greatest of experiences either - HP is the main thing I go for there and that is beset with issues,
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Yeah, we don’t like going back. Did it at HWS, In fact it’s was the only way I got on TOT this year, but generally we had a lot more ADRs than usual etc so don’t go back. Our favourite thing is now Disney Springs if at Saratoga, the restaurants there are genuinely, even by non Disney standards, very good and not too bad with the DVC discount.
TOT is one of my favourite rides - that and FOP. The new Star Wars land is quite immersive but was so busy.
Old 9 Jan 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Chapek has really screwed people who loved Disney - wonder how long he'll stay in position. I do like a wander round DS and love SSR itself. Thing is Universal isn't the greatest of experiences either - HP is the main thing I go for there and that is beset with issues,
Yes but the free Express Pass there makes a hell of a difference at busy times, and it’s hotels are cheaper than Disney with it free. There’s also some good new rides as we didn’t even ride Hagrid last time, and the Velociraptor coaster looks good. 3 days will be enough. Kids enjoy the thrill rides more.