Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jan 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SGJA
a Friend of the DIBB

VeriFly app

Good morning, everyone. Anyone used the VeriFly app recently for BA? I’m reading reviews that it’s very poor and not worth using? Any views appreciated - good or bad …
SGJA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I used it last month and 100% recommend it, purely because it enables you to skip the check in queues. At LGW, standard check in was completely full, Verifly lane only had 1 or 2 people in it. Same at MCO, although you use the bag drop queue rather than a Verifly specific queue. Just walked up to the counter with my passport, Verifly was already linked to my booking so they could see it on the system. Completely normal check in experience.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Assume its still the same but you cannot check in online unless you use Verifly. Worked brilliantly for us and bag drop was as seamless as possible.

Would definitely use again.
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We used there and back last month. Brilliant for keeping every thing in one place and validated. Helped at check in and bag drop.

They were the ones that picked up the wrong dates of birth on our Randox Certs, which Randox accepted and rectified straight away. I don't think I'd have noticed.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We used it for outbound in Nov and inbound in Dec and our experience was diametrically different to any poor experience that you may have read about.

Flash the passports and show two pictures with green ticks took all of 10 seconds. We used it for twilight check-in at LHR.

A bit like the Visitor Toll Pass - a no-brainer for us in future

Mick
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Looks like we will need this then as flying with BA.
How easy is it to put all the info needed on it as I am very daunted by it and an old technophobe 😳
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
teallach
Very Serious Dibber

Was straightforward for the outbound flight but useless for the inbound as it wouldn’t accept (let me input) the dates for our tests. My guess that this was due to our flight being the 7th in terms of UK time (7.55pm US) so would only let me choose from the 5th for the test. While standing in line for check in at the airport, it finally accepted but I assume that was due to the tests not being required as it had just changed.
teallach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Looks like we will need this then as flying with BA.
How easy is it to put all the info needed on it as I am very daunted by it and an old technophobe 😳
I'm 75 and hardly at the cutting edge of technology but I found it extremely easy.

The only minor issue I had was for the trip back to the UK it had saved Joan's details (she was my companion) but hadn't saved her photo. That was a bit tricky as you had to take it like a passport photo and get a green ring round the image before it was accepted. But I'm talking a minute or so at the most.

PLF was a bit more challenging. As at 5 Dec (may still be the same) you need to upload your NHS vax passport but only one QR image for the second jab. Ours came through as a pdf with QR for both jabs so I had to take a screen shot of the whole page and crop it just to show the second jab QR then fiddle with it a bit to get an acceptable resolution. "Fiddle with it" is a technical expression used by 75 year olds.

Mick

Edited at 02:30 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

I liked using it to be sure all documents were done and we were ready to go, something very satisfying about those green ticks
I found the wait lines no different for us travelling 22nd December, Verifly lane had a huge queue in Gatwick, everyone was using it!
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Used it on 3 trips so far. Easy to use with no issues. I wouldn’t want to be in the normal check in queue.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List