Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 14 Jan 22, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Dvc discount on hotel stays

as a dvc member, do we get a discount on disney hotel stays, and if not where is the best place to look for the best deals.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scojo72 View Post
as a dvc member, do we get a discount on disney hotel stays, and if not where is the best place to look for the best deals.
Don't think hotel stay discounts via a DVC membership is an option, Expedia UK years ago did offer some good discounts but worth reading this page at... mousesavers/walt-dis...s-codes/#codes

Might find options under Disney Resort Discounts For Everyone this page gets update throughtout the year so worth checking back.

They even promote renting Disney Vacation Club points.

Good luck!
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You had to ring them up- albeit I wouldn’t expect much at the mo.
Old 14 Jan 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

As YT says, you have to ring member services. It's not all hotel rooms though it's DVC room that Disney reservations have available for cash. Basically when you ask them for a cash rate they can see everything available on the US reservation system - if you use a VPN you should be able to see this too, to give you a clue what's there for your dates. If you're lucky you might be offered the room at up to 25% discount but I believe offers are few these days. When I tried back in Nov the CM told me the farther out the date was the better chance of discount.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
As YT says, you have to ring member services. It's not all hotel rooms though it's DVC room that Disney reservations have available for cash. Basically when you ask them for a cash rate they can see everything available on the US reservation system - if you use a VPN you should be able to see this too, to give you a clue what's there for your dates. If you're lucky you might be offered the room at up to 25% discount but I believe offers are few these days. When I tried back in Nov the CM told me the farther out the date was the better chance of discount.
Would this be on the dvc site or Disney world web page. The most frustrating thing about all this is I have the points, but not allowed to borrow them all for next year. Hopefully this year is a one off
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Would this be on the dvc site or Disney world web page. The most frustrating thing about all this is I have the points, but not allowed to borrow them all for next year. Hopefully this year is a one off
On the regular US Disney reservations page. You don't have to check first you could just call DVC, but I think it's better to have an idea of what's available for the date in question and the rack rate.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There is sort of but it's a discount of full rack rate & we found it was a lot more than we could get elsewhere! I nearly passed out when they quoted me
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List