Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
onespeed
I want to go now!

90 day covid exemption for child, what do I need?

Hi all,

long term lurker and reader of posts on here but first thread. I have been going to Florida for many years but like so many, first a motorcycle accident in 2019 stopped me going with my family and then Covid appeared so this is my 4th attempt to go at the end of April. Myself, Wife and daughter had covid just after New Year so we qualify for 90 recovery exemption, live in Scotland so I presume Vax passport and covid confirmation on the app will be all we require for ourselves? The main question is how do I prove my daughter had Covid and what documentation do I need, obviously she is un-vaxxed and has no vaccine passport? So confusing as the US pages state a letter from a medical professional proff of recovery and my local Health Centre refuse to issue any fit to fly certificates etc?

Any help appreciated.
slowly starting to believe we may get
onespeed is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I believe the letter needs to be signed by a doctor meaning you can’t use the app proof of recovery.

From what I’ve read most people are just doing the supervised test rather than trying to get the letter.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, it's much easier in most circumstances to just do the test as I've heard most GPs have been refusing to write a letter for this. As it's an antigen (LFT) rather than a PCR, you are highly unlikely to still be positive unless you had Covid within a week or two of your flight.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
onespeed
I want to go now!

Thanks for the replies, was really hoping to not have to do a pre-departure test due to the stress of a positive hanging over you the day before you go and being asymptomatic.
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by onespeed View Post
Thanks for the replies, was really hoping to not have to do a pre-departure test due to the stress of a positive hanging over you the day before you go and being asymptomatic.
There has been at least one report here of proof of recovery being rejected by airline staff and having to get a test at the airport in order to board. To me, that's much more stressful a thought than the test.
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
onespeed
I want to go now!

Yeah, running through these thoughts in my head, its such a shame there is such added stress as surely my vax passport with three vaccinations and recovery from Covid should be full proof! Lot to think about, thanks for the input.
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

I’m in the same boat, have COVID just now and will be recovered in time to fly but the app is not sufficient proof apparently. The US insist on a letter signed by a medical practitioner. I’ve thankfully got agreement my GP will do one next week if my lateral flow is still positive but as a fall back I was going to do it privately. Costs £75 per letter though so costly unless absolutely required.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
onespeed
I want to go now!

Yeah Julie its very complicated! All three of us had covid, Wife and Myself also triple vaxxed (now recovered) and thought this would actually take some stress away from the Orlando trip but its not looking likely. My choices are pay £75-£100 for each letter from an online doctor for recovery certificates or come March just do the pre departure test and hope no-one is still testing positive! My local dcotors will not entertain writing any letters etc.
Old 20 Jan 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

You won't still be testing positive in March unless you are reinfected. The risk around testing positive for an extended period specifically relates to PCR testing, which isn't required for US entry.
Old 20 Jan 22, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
onespeed
I want to go now!

Oh, I believed all the fit to fly were PCR based not LFT? Clearly i need to look into this more.