Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 16, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Dibbers how do you do it ?

Without you all taking valuable time to report and review we wouldn't have the wonderful forum that we have but how do you all manage to fit it in to your well earned break? We have been so busy my hubby and son struggle with the heat and we have had 2 lazy days so far without a park.We are staying on I Drive in an appartment/ hotel where we have a free grab and go breakfast we have done a Walmart and an Aldi shop mainly for snacks and booze and ate out at Cici pizza buffet one evening have only bought 1 hot dog to share and a popcorn bucket in Busch Gardens and thats it.I dont know how Dibbers manage 3 meals a day with full food reports and photo, s the days here are just flying by.Come early evening we manage a light snack bath/ shower then just crash with a wine and snacks.I take my hat off to the true Dibbers that help us out with all their knowledge
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

We are here just now too in a condo in international drive south. Family of 5 and we are only managing breakfast in the condo and a quick service in the late afternoon with a snack or pizza later at night. We have cancelled some ADR's as we are just not hungry enough to have a sit down meal. Rest day today and we got Splitsville in Disney Springs. Meal was huge, that was at 3pm and we are still sitting here full. I think the DDP would have us defeated! Far too humid to eat loads.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 02:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Smurfck
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're here too, on ddp and have been using up our credits on sweets to take home as gifts. We cancelled a few adr's and have been sharing meals. It's a lot of food and sometimes it's a little constricting time wise trying to get to places or feel hungry at certain times. I'm glad we have it though & would do it again 😊
Smurfck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Its the reason we only did the DDP once, we feel its too restrictive (not in the no choice way but in the fact that it means you feel you have to eat because you've already paid)

Its a great budgeting tool but we love our off site meals too much to ever get value out of the dining plan nowadays
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Lol we must be really greedy !
We eat loads on holiday, we are up early so need a good breakfast to start the day then we will have a light lunch plus snacks in the parks then a full on meal for dinner (always around 5pm with our little one) all three children eat loads too and I always fit in a run in the evenings every few days (doesn't stop the weight gain though). We don't stay up late though x X X
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We have only been in winter when it wasn't hot. We mostly had a QS breakfast at our resort and then nothing till evening.

We also ate 4 Signature meals using credits from offsite and off plan days. Signature restaurant portions tend to be more like UK size.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wherever we go we never have 3 meals a day . We always have breakfast somewhere like Denny's or a buffet and then a proper evening meal like a buffet , Outback Steakhouse , hooters etc .

Sometimes we will have a snack at lunchtime like a cake or pretzel .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Lol we must be really greedy !
We eat loads on holiday, we are up early so need a good breakfast to start the day then we will have a light lunch plus snacks in the parks then a full on meal for dinner (always around 5pm with our little one) all three children eat loads too and I always fit in a run in the evenings every few days (doesn't stop the weight gain though). We don't stay up late though x X X
I'm the same, I seem to use up a lot of energy ! I do like a good breakfast and usually have an early dinner (I travel solo and it's easier to get a table by 6pm).

I don't eat many snacks there though. The traditional first full day's Ghiradelli sundae, the odd Krispy Kreme and a family bag of Lays cream cheese and chives potato chips lasts me.

I always put on 2 or 3 lbs though !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we wouldnt stay onsite by choice but there is no way i could do a dining plan & eat 3 meals a day in august

we usually have a breakfast in room, grenola, cereal,bagels etc. lunch is a wrap/crisps then a proper meal later that evening

Edited at 08:06 AM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually have 2 meals, breakfast at somewhere like perkins then an evening meal at Longhorns/millers/cicis with a snack (usually ice cream!) at some point in the day
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread