Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Nov 16, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I'm thinking of doing mini yorkshires with beef and horseradish

For dessert I'm thinking trifle!
Exactly my thoughts!
Not sure I'll bother with Christmas pud this year.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always have a selection of starters and desserts. I think this year it will be
Scallops & chorizo
Smoked haddock gratin
Pate
For desserts, I always make a trifle and a cheesecake. I was going to do mint matchmaker or Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake but came across a recipe for Black Forest cheesecake and quite fancy that one. We normally buy a third option as well as ice cream.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

As mentioned on the other thread we are going to be at CENTERPARCS and I'm cooking. Initially I had big ideas but I'm not a good cook and it's not my oven so I'm setting my sights a little lower. I was contemplating taking my slow cooker and making vegetable soup, but have this week decided on making a prawn cocktail for 3 of us and garlic bread for DS because that's all he would ever order in a restaurant for a starter.

I really want to do those little canapés too because they normally have them in the restaurant when we first sit down.

Pudding I'm going to get a Black Forest gateau or something, never had one for years but that's going to be the easiest I think. I'll also do mince pies and cheese and biscuits and maybe a Yule log.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We usually have soup/garlic mushrooms to start but have this around 1pm so the kids don't get too hungry. The main event is around 3pm, followed by either ice cream, mint vienetta, caramel apple crumble or choc fudge cake.

Then it's off to party at my aunties from 7pm until the small hours 🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Can I come!
My mother in law loves a full house at Christmas and we always tend to get last minute people just invite themselves 😆
The more the merrier 🎄
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

I fancy the M&S trifle pavlova (from the freezer section) this year Ł4.50
Old 20 Nov 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bovril
Apprentice Imagineer

I think starter will probably be a selection box and a tin of Roses for desert
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

My DD10 likes to come up with and prepare starters and desserts

This year we're having scallops with chorizo and a pea/mint puree for starter, dessert will be a chocolate cheesecake.

Going off-piste with main course this year, having beef wellington instead of turkey.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I usually buy the ready made sainsburys bits, a few Jalapeno poppers, cheese bites, breaded chicken, maybe a few tempura prawns. We used to have prawn cocktail and smoked salmon but we were always to full to eat our meal. After the main meal, we have Christmas Pud, Profiteroles, tiny coffees and mints, do it all throughout the day with at least a hour between everything! Xx

Forgot to say we have Nigella Ham, Cheese, crackers, pickles and Olives in the evening if anyone wants, usually too full and take it all to my mums on Boxing day!

Edited at 11:08 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We don't do a starter.

For pudding we generally have Christmas cake or mince pies (with cream or ice cream) a while after the main meal. We're doing Christmas at ours for the first time this year so I'm thinking of making something else but I'm not too sure what!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread