Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 13 Oct 17, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mindy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mindy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Target

Please tell me about target, how it differs from the other supermarkets and which one is best to visit... thanks
Mindy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kinski
Earning My Ears

Was there last week. We preferred Publix for food - but Target had a great selection of electronics, CD/ DVD and cheap clothes (not just t-shirts!). Oh and a great Halloween section.
kinski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I describe it as a much nicer version of Wal-Mart. I agree that Publix is better for just a food shop. Target is for everything else. It definitely isn't just a supermarket. All "Super Targets" are pretty much the same and I don't think there are any "Targets" (non food only) in the Orlando area. Just pick the closest one to you.
Old 13 Oct 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

we think its feels slightly more upmarket than Walmart, we use the one down Sherberth road behind AK
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

We got back about 2 weeks ago and we did Wal-Mart on the first day and Target on the last day. I can see the draw of both of them, can't say which one I liked better.

Wal-Mart was much bigger and had much more stuff. About the same amount of food but the toiletries section was much bigger and better. It was also cheaper. However, it was chaos. Absolutely jam packed and there was no organisation. We got everything we needed but it was quite stressful and we just wanted out of there.

Target is a much nicer shop to wander around in. We got some nice clothes, plenty of sweets for bringing home and was just a generally nicer experience. But, it didn't have as large of a selection as Wal-Mart. I like to stock up on moisturisers and a few other bits I was able to get in Wal-Mart but Target just didn't have any of it so I couldn't get any more for bringing home.

We didn't go to publix as we didn't need to shop for just food. We went to the other 2 on Vineland, near the LBV outlets and I'm sure we passed a publix too. Everything was quite close together.
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florenceandmary
Getting Excited

Mobile

Target tends to be somewhere we visit many times during our trips as we stay off site.

Kids love the toys, me the beauty and my mum will spend hours in the card aisles.

Target is a nicer shopping experience than Wal-mart but it depend what you are you shopping for. I might prefer shopping in Tesco but I still enjoy a wander round Asda for example!
florenceandmary is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Which Target is closest to all star music ?
Old 15 Oct 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have to say I love Super Target, similar to comment above I find it more peaceful, less stressful, you can enjoy a browse there. I also love a trip to Walmart but it can be quite manic. Foodwise Walmart is much better value so we do main shop there and top-ups in Publix. I actually don't think I've ever done the food bit in Super Target, can't think why, might give it a go this year.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 View Post
Which Target is closest to all star music ?
Rolling Oaks Plaza on 192 west.
Old 16 Oct 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thanks Donna