Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

This is totally me! I love all the booking and planning but do get the pre trip panic that the flights aren’t really booked or that something else has been forgotten.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
My irrational panic is that when we get to check in it will be a) wrong date, b) they don't have our details. I also completely understand the compulsion to check things in the middle of the night. Never used to get like this so I've put it down to being a woman of a certain age!

As far as I'm concerned the holiday only starts once the plane has taken off.
I’m just the same... once on the plane I relax. I too might be described as a woman of a certain age!
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Not sure that’s always the case, unless you are travelling at a time when all the LHR hotels are busy. There are so many hotels at Heathrow they can’t always fill them. I’ve got four star hotels a number of times with one month to go. My price point is around £40. I’m happy at a PI too but I like those a little bit cheaper. Also, booking flights isn’t always something I do massively in advance. Our last holiday I was still fiddling with dates and destinations six weeks before we went.

DDD - have a great holiday!

Thank you x
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
For me it's the night before I have a total freak out. Every single year. So if you are looking down at my countdown... Yup. We go tomorrow and I am on here trying to DIBB myself out of a complete panic, so I was immediately drawn to this thread!

I do it every year. I know its totally irrational. But I still do it.

At the moment I am finding multiple reasons not to go at all.

Just keep Dibbing, just keep dibbing, just keep dibbing...

Hope you’re all ready now! Safe travels x
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

We have the same countdown and I’m like you starting to double check everything that I have already double checked. Thank goodness I do though as realised I had booked HRH a month later than we want it! Thankfully it was free cancellation so. I could correct it - although changed to RPR. Started writing out ‘things to do before we go’ list and ‘things to pack’ list. Then I shall have to scrub the house before we go because obviously I’m insane as I’ve lived with the mess thus far!

I often do the Disney dance too - my dogs like to join in.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
For me it's the night before I have a total freak out. Every single year. So if you are looking down at my countdown... Yup. We go tomorrow and I am on here trying to DIBB myself out of a complete panic, so I was immediately drawn to this thread!

I do it every year. I know its totally irrational. But I still do it.

At the moment I am finding multiple reasons not to go at all.

Just keep Dibbing, just keep dibbing, just keep dibbing...
This is me i spend so long planning our trip and absolutly love doing all the research and making sure we are well prepared and then a couple of weeks before we go i start regretting even going at all. Doesnt matter where we are going im always the same. Had to pay the balance off on our disney hotel yesterday so now the bank balance is looking rather sparse and i cant help thinking have we done the right thing 😕.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was the same when before we went away. I kept checking & re-checking all ESTA’s, passports, documents, but every time they were out of reach (when at work for example), I’d worry that somewhere I’d made some huge mistake & we’d be denied boarding or something! In the end all was fine, except that DH forgot his credit card when he swapped to a different wallet! Fortunately I had mine in case of emergencies!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I always have dreams where we are there and it's the last day and we haven't been to any of the parks and are panicking.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Yet another vote for lists - mine are in spreadsheet format.

I don’t panic but I start to wonder why I’m putting myself through the long tedious journey (particularly daft because I quite enjoy the journey ), what I could be doing at home during the 2 weeks, how much it’s costing, etc.

As soon as I close the front door and set off on the drive to Gatwick I get excited.

I just go with the flow now - I know I’ll feel like this in the weeks before I go. As long as I’ve got the vitals - passport, esta, hotel and flight confirmations, insurance, meds and money (all in handbag & easy to check) I’m ok. Anything else I forget, I can get over there.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I always have dreams where we are there and it's the last day and we haven't been to any of the parks and are panicking.
I haven't recently booked my flights for next year and I had a dream the other night I got an Email saying TC where being bought out by another company and the would not honour our flights or give us refunds.

And! I have also had the dream where my mum comes to collect us to go the airport and I am running around like a lunatic because I forgot to pack then end up missing the flight.
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List