Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I'll stick,one in my case this evening anyway mine would never take
The American version as it is Cherry flavoured
Just pm me if you need anything at all i land around 1/30 pm so should be at the villa around 3 nothing planned at all till the middle of next week
Helen
Helen,

You really are just a wee gem, you help everyone!

You deserve a medal for service to Dibbers!

Sending love and pixie dust to you and your family.

Dunx x

DUNXandWILL is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I know all about kids with chicken pox on holiday!
Once the spots come , it's usually 7 days before flying. Luckily noticed early signs of spots as we landed in ibiza. Had Dr out as soon as we got to hotel. Had ok from Dr the day we were due to come home and just made the flight . Spent the whole week either in our room or on the beach away from anyone else with a big floppy hat on her head to shade from sun and prying eyes. We made the best of a bad situation.
Get the calamine lotion on her spots.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If she is mad itchy put porridge oats in a sock and tie the sock in a knot then throw into a warm bath. Let her stay in as long as she wants will give her great relief. God love u all you wont forget that holiday in a hurry. Def find out how your fixed with the insurance. If this is day 3 you might be ok to fly by Monday as it would be day 7 but only if doc says so!
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
If she is mad itchy put porridge oats in a sock and tie the sock in a knot then throw into a warm bath. Let her stay in as long as she wants will give her great relief. God love u all you wont forget that holiday in a hurry. Def find out how your fixed with the insurance. If this is day 3 you might be ok to fly by Monday as it would be day 7 but only if doc says so!
Porridge oats purchased and they will go into a sock... Great suggestion thank you! Had completely forgotten about the oats in a bath and even if I'd remembered I wouldn't have thought of the sock! Brilliant.

Ringing insurance company first thing tomorrow morning as we missed them today. Poor thing she's so sore now
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
Porridge oats purchased and they will go into a sock... Great suggestion thank you! Had completely forgotten about the oats in a bath and even if I'd remembered I wouldn't have thought of the sock! Brilliant.

Ringing insurance company first thing tomorrow morning as we missed them today. Poor thing she's so sore now
Give Piriton as well for itch relief, if you can get it out there Virasoothe is far superior to calamine lotion x Hope she feels better soon
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If you go to a pharmacist or medical centre see if they can give the twin a checkover as well, she might not be showing spots but even a slight temperature could indicate she also has it, if she goes off food or feels/acts grumpy/tired/unusual could be signs.
Best thing is like others speak to insurance, get a proper diagnosis, and follow their lead.
You never know, it still could be heat rash as they do look similar!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My daughter got it when we was away in Majorca. You will need a fit to fly certificate and you only get that once the spots have ALL scabbed over.

Once this has happened you are no longer contiguous. You just need the fit to fly certificate to show the airline staff if they notice the spots.

You don't need to go out of your way to tell the airline anything. You are "fit to fly" and not contiguous. They won't let you onboard if you was contiguous and didn't have "fit to fly".

If you need to stay longer only one parent and the child will be looked after. The rest of the family will need to return home as normal.

Hoping its all resolved in time!

Edited at 06:36 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Once all spots have scabbed over and no new spots have appeared after 24hours you're not contagious anymore. You're actually more contagious up to 2 weeks BEFORE the spots even appear and are showing no signs of illness at all.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Clearly this is not for the OP but for others, why not think about getting your children vacinated ?
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Youngest DD got chicken pox whilst we were in Florida. Smack bang in the middle of our 2 weeks. We saw a nurse at the pharmacy about a day or two before we flew home ...can’t remember if it was Walgreens or cvs. She was able to issue a fit to fly certificate. I think the consultation and note cost around $100, but I’m going back a good few years now. We had spoken to our insurance company as soon as we were aware, and they just told us to get back to them closer to the time if our flight home if was looking likely we would be unable to fly. They advised us to get the fit to fly certificate and to claim it back when we got home. Fortunately it didn’t come to that. Hope you get sorted.

Edited at 05:28 PM.
windsor_hills is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List