Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Dec 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I wish, could do with one massively lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

I now realise that our (now sacked) cleaner was completely and utterly taking the p** charging £30 for 1.5hrs per fortnight (we thought she was here for 2 but the 2 hrs included travel to and from our house) and even then we were coming home and wiping down everything as the granite worktops in the kitchen had water marks all over them, the sky box was only dusted along the front of it etc. It was only when I was off work sick after an op that I realised how little she did 😡
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

This thread is interesting. I have just started with a cleaner. It is only a small flat and I’m on my own. My bathroom and kitchen both have tiled floors. Does your cleaner automatically clean all the floors and hoover. Whilst she does do a reasonably good job, she seems to be allergic to washing the kitchen floor. I think in approximately 4 visits so far, I think she has cleaned the kitchen floor once if I’m lucky (I don’t believe it was done that visit but my dad was in the flat and says he watched her do it) . I would have thought thinks like floors etc would automatically be done every visit. She is due again tomorrow and I’m going to leave a note but would be interested to hear what happens in other people’s houses

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Washing the kitchen floor would be very high on my list!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I always believed you were wealthy, but not to the extent that you have 'lots' of bathrooms and seperate guest accommodation. No wonder you can afford to pay Micheal Bubbles for a private meeting (which probably includes extras),
No, The private rendezvous is a Secret Santa gift. 🎅🏻 😍
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Nope, not since we found ours was doing washing in our machine for her illegal lodgers, to earn more money on the side. (And tumble drying it in our machine too)

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We have a cleaner (two come). £13.50 per hour. They do 1.5 hours a week so a 3 hour clean if only one of them came. We have a ‘new build’ house but it’s 15 years old now. 5 beds, 3 bath and downstairs. I reduced it from 4 hours to 3 hours by agreeing to move everything off every surface in the bedrooms and longe and dining room. That was a great idea. They do not do windows or skirting boards but four times a year I have an extra session for them to do that. I wouldn’t leave stuff on the floor for them to hoover around TBH. Cleaners in my view are paid to clean not tidy up as well.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I’ve had the same cleaner for the past 42 years!

In saying that she does the dusting and polishing, and I do all the vacuuming and the dishes ( we have a dishwasher that’s now just a store for crockery).
When the kids were young we had a cleaner for a few months, but found we did most of it before she came, as we felt we were giving her too much to do.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I pay £25 for 2 and a half hours a week. I love her and don’t know what i would do without her. She hoovers upstairs 2 bedrooms the teenagers rooms are off limits (i wouldn’t expect anyone to do those lol) hallway and the stairs as well as giving it a wipedown. She cleans main bathroom, ensuite and downstairs cloak. Loving room cleans and hoovers. Kitchen floors. I did say not to bother with the sides as we do them every morning and night anyway. If my hob is needing a clean she will do that also. I always try and tidy up before she comes so its easier for her but sometimes i leave before kids and husband so its not so tidy then.
Before my current one i had a cleaner who used to take the mick. She used to charge for 2 hours we found out through the ring door bell. That she only did 1.3hrs. Then one week i checked and she did 1hr 15. I told her that would be her last clean its only after our new one came i realised how little she did.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a cleaner called Sandra! She’s a right lazy cow! 😉