Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Where do you all get your holiday insurance from?

The last time we went to Florida, i had yearly insurance from virgin (a friend works there) cost about £100 for a family of 4

Do you guys just do a go compare search and go with the cheapest? Also I have high bp now which I will need to declare but I don't think that makes much inference cost wise.

Any companies you'd recommend?
Thanks in advance
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorry69
Getting Excited

Our last two trips I have used Aviva who were great for price and I have a few medical conditions that are covered with them. For the same conditions other companies were three or four times the price.
Lorry69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We use Asda travel which is with Insure & Go, much cheaper than going direct they have been a good price for a few years now
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Just today, I have been astounded by the deal on offer from Barclays. We bank with them, and already have a tech pack, so get decent worldwide, family cover for £16 a month. This also includes 6 airport lounge passes and RAC cover. I'm currently paying more than this just for our RAC! Three of us have medical issues that we had to go through screening for. The cheapest I'd found through compare the market and Quidco was £360ish.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarsar1973
Excited about Disney

We shopped around at fhe weekend for our 2 adults and 1 child family and found Virgin were the best for the annual multitrip excluding winter sports but adding extra gadget cover. We took their Gold Package with £50 excess and it was £190. Best offer for what we wanted.
Sarsar1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We have used aviva for a few years now. We have the annual policy. Pretty happy with it, and when I have looked around it’s not really that much cheaper. And considering we can be away a few times a year I think it’s worth what we pay.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

I shop around for an annual policy every year at renewal. More often than not Virgin are best price or as near as dammit, for 5* Defacto rated cover. My wife’s high blood pressure and asthma adds around £20 to the premium.

Using cashback sites often helps reduce the overall cost.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Cheapest 5 star Defacto rated insurance i can find. The rating is per product not insurer. So one insurer can and does have different ratings for different products.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had a Defacto 5* rated policy last year from Halifax (Axa) and I can tell you that the service was as far from 5* as you can get.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We get it free through our bank RBS
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List