Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Brilliant , I’m old and would have no intentions of paying to sleep in polyester either lol. No idea who half of them are either I’ll look at the early entry as well thank you x
She just read me the line up and all I said was "who? Err who?!" That wont be the full line up though they announce more later.
My friend and I walked through the sea of tents last year it was shall we say smelly trashed packed and grim.

Edited at 11:30 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Molly has been for a couple of years, they buy the weekend tickets that include camping. There are various levels of camping and yes you do need a small mortgage to go !
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
She just read me the line up and all I said was "who? Err who?!" That wont be the full line up though they announce more later.
My friend and I walked through the sea of tents last year it was shall we say smelly trashed packed and grim.
Dd16 read them all excited and I did the same! I knew Green Day, that was it! She really wants to go but I dont think she realises the enormity of it! I just know she will hate it!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I've just looked and I dont know where shes got Green Day from! Cant see them on eith Reading or Leeds! Oh well, that solves her moaning!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i did every reading (or leeds) between 1993 and 2009. it used to be £65 for a full weekend ticket
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Megs been to Leeds Festival before, they stay at a premier inn in the city centre... No roughing it for her lol, lots of groups were doing it she said, taxi drivers were great, didn't rip them off and even had black bin liners and slippers for them so didn't mucky up the cabs cos she's been in shocking weather there lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Megs been to Leeds Festival before, they stay at a premier inn in the city centre... No roughing it for her lol, lots of groups were doing it she said, taxi drivers were great, didn't rip them off and even had black bin liners and slippers for them so didn't mucky up the cabs cos she's been in shocking weather there lol
Mind boggles that they find it fun to be cold, muddy, etc for a whole weekend, I cant think of anything worse! Oh to be young and so invincible... those were the days!

My youngest is talking about going to Reading festival this year... I am not keen to be honest, he is 17 and its a long way from home.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

My daughter is saying she is going- becasue her 'friendship group' (in our day it was 'mates') are all going after doing their GCSEs. Fortunately not stopping over but coming home each day, but cannot say I am happy- it is full of drugs.
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My DDs first trip to Reading was at age 18. We live a fair way from there and I felt pretty uncomfortable if I'm honest. It didnt help that the first year she went a lad OD and died in the silent disco. They were all in there at the time. It shocked them all. DS asked if he can go this year hes 17 soon the answer was no from me. Unfortunately despite checks yes there are a lot of drugs at festivals.
Old 12 Feb 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

From what I was told by a colleaugue, I would be very sceptical of the supposed 'checks'.