Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dogs in Kennels

Does anyone else get a massive attack of the guilts when taking their dog to kennels?

I have just spend the entire journey in the car telling my dog that I will miss him more than he misses me.

2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Does anyone else get a massive attack of the guilts when taking their dog to kennels?

I have just spend the entire journey in the car telling my dog that I will miss him more than he misses me.

OMG yes! All the time. It could actually make me not go on holiday. He is gorgeous by the way!
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I do feel guilty, spend the days before thinking are we being cruel. Almost in tears to the kennels, then we arrive = she sees where she is and goes loopy in the car, dances with joy to greet the staff and goes off with them without a backwards glance to us and I know we have found the right place for her. I can then go away happily.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Beautiful dog. The first time I put my spaniel in the kennels I felt dreadful. Like the other poster he now cant wait to get out of the car.
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Not dog but cat. Yes. And he hates it. The last time he went, my poor husband had to take him in as I couldn’t face it. The cat was so upset at being there that as my husband dropped him off he turned around and hissed at him violently. He’s so loving normally and the only time he ever hisses is at the vets. Hates the vets too.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

All the time! I worry more in the summer months because my lab suffers from epilepsy and heat triggers it but the kennels we use we have used from when my parents put their dogs in when we were kids (they still use them) and know owners very well so know they are well looked after, they use our vets themselves and have my in laws numbers in case anything should happen. I am lucky I have 2 dogs so share the same kennel. Once in kennels they aren't bothered but weve been told they know exactly when we are coming to collect them.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our dog goes to a lady who looks after dogs in her home, he absolutely loves her and she loves him.
She spoils him rotten when we arrive with him he's out of the car and in the house quicker than you can blink.
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

My dad refuses to take their dogs to kennels and makes my mum do it. Luckily the dogs usually go to my Nan’s house when they’re away but he refuses to look at them if we Skype them from my Nan’s house.

I’ve been to pick them up from the kennels for my parents before and one of them comes running to me with his tail wagging and the other one looks at me and goes to lay back down

We always have someone come to stay at our house with our cats when we go away but my husband knows he has to let me go and say bye on my own and he knows not to talk to me in the car for a few minutes because I get so upset
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My parents look after our Labrador for us but as we go away for 3 weeks now, to give them a break we book him into kennels near their house for 5 days in the middle of the holiday. I always feel terrible but he genuinely loves it there and is always happy to go but he is also very happy to be back with his Nana and Gramps at the end

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post

When my dogs go to the kennels and see the lady that runs it, their tails wag so much their entire lower half of their body is moving from side to side. But I am feeling bad about next trip as it is nearly three weeks, I try to tell myself that it is a lovely opportunity for them to mix with other dogs every day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List